09| Lapity-tap-tap

Turning on your heels has never been such a heart-pounding experience before now.

You take a step back, wishing to just be teleported to some magical land where humans like Jeon Jungkook are extinct.

While at the same time, you hate to admit that he looks absolutely stunning in his sleek black tailored suit, hair stylishly gelled to the back. If only his personality was as good as his looks.

You shake the thought away. "I'm coming with you," you tell him, and it's only then—when you say the words out loud—you realize how stupid it sounds. How dumb are you to think he'll let you join.

"No one's taking you anywhere," He scoffs, arms folded to his chest, "You'll stay inside—locked up for good." 

This time, you decide to use the pity card, forcing yourself to pout. "Pwease?" You ask, batting your eyelashes at him—a useless method to sway an iceberg-hearted man like him.

"No," he barks, "I'm not having a fool like you cause any more trouble. You'll stay back." Your cute face drops instantly.

"In your dreams!" You growl, having enough of it. "You can't expect me to stay locked up in that big maze of yours forever. I'm coming and you can't say no."

Without giving him a chance to approve, you fling the car door open before slamming it shut on him.

Then huffing, you slump on the back seat, noticing a shift in the air. Almost like it got... quieter.

The silence was so sudden that you felt as though a blanket or a red flag had been flung over everyone's heads. 

A red flag for the little stunt you pulled off earlier. But at least now you won't be surprised if Jungkook ran back inside his mansion to grab handcuffs and a dagger.

Fortunately, he doesn't. Instead, he steps into the SUV to sit next to you.

It turns out, you're not the only one surprised. But obviously, he's just trying to get back at you. You steal an artful glance at Jungkook's face, shuddering when you take in his fuming  expressions.

Shit, he's mad.

Boiling, sizzling, angry-bird mad.

"So I take it you're letting me come?"

He slowly turns his head towards you. "Did I have a choice?"

You tear your eyes away from the raging bull beside you. Then looking to the front, your eyes perk up at a young girl who hurries towards the car in a peach sundress, fumbling with the strap of her handbag.

When she's close enough, you realize it's the same girl with the afro you spotted in the hallway. Only now, her hair is up in a bun, a loose curl dangling down her temple. From her features up close, you think she's a mix of Korean as well. Her cheeks are plum, skin a hue of powerful brown, deep and rich.

"Sorry for the wait," her sweet voice chirps, chest heaving frantically as she reaches a hand for the door. But when her hazel eyes find you in the car, she freezes like you've bewitched her with some spell.

"Oh," she says, her face falling.

Frowning, you wonder if you had done something wrong. But when Jin informs her that there isn't space for her to come, it hits you that you've stolen her seat.

Dang it Y/N, what a bully you are.

Jimin sends her an apologetic smile. "Sorry Sweetheart."

She blushes. "I—it's alright."