27

....

When Soobin finally walked away from them, synchronized by Beomgyu standing up while even hitting the table making y/n startled.

"I have to go now. Mr. Kim, probably is waiting for me" Beomgyu mumbled, and without any taking a glance back, he sprinted away from y/n and Yeonjun.

Now, yeonjun and y/n are the ones who are left, making the atmosphere even more awkward.

Nothing's the same now. Unusual thing for y/n that her heart is no longer beating so fast and her cheeks is no longer heating up now that Yeonjun's beside her.

"Why did you let him go to help Amkae?" Yeonjun asked out of nowhere shifting his eyes down to y/n.

y/n is a bit surprise now that she can go look straight in Yeonjun's eyes without her heart beating so fast.

Instead of answering Yeonjun,she just smiled at him and shrugged since either her didn't know the answer to that question.

"You're not afraid that Amkae might steal him away from you?" Yeonjun muttered.

"What are you talking about? He's not mine after all" y/n answered with a small chuckle came out from her mouth.

"You're not afraid to lose him... yet he's so afraid to lose you" Yeonjun mumbled, and this time, he's saying it too weak, y/n can barely heard what he said.

y/n's eyes squinted seeing a smirk formed on Yeonjun's lips.

"Poor demon" Yeonjun said, he didn't realized he was saying it too loud, y/n heard what he said.

"What?" y/n could never get any clueless and confused when she heard what Yeonjun said.

"Demon? You know he's a demon?"

"H-huh? Did I said something?" Yeonjun asked while glossy beads of sweat starting to form on his forehead, his hands are trembling while wiping his sheen sweat

y/n looked at him, scanning his features and face.

"Yeonjun.... are you a demon too?"

.......

Meanwhile....

Soobin's Side

Soobin stopped running when he saw Amkae waiting for him in the waiting shed, fear and anxiety clearly shown in her eyes. A large dark bruise sticked on her arms.

He was about to call her name, and ran towards her direction. But Soobin caught something that made him stopped moving further.

A guy in his mid 40s approached Amkae holding a rigid belt in his left hand. The older guy suddenly yanked Amkae's hand, which made her all startled and fear clearly be shown in her eyes.

Suddenly, Soobin saw y/n in Amkae's position, while Yeonjun in that older guy's position.

y/n resisted all the pain..... how did she do that by herself? Soobin asked in his mind, while his hands molding into a fist of anger.

He saw how Amkae feared that guy who was holding her, and he can tell, just by looking at her, that she had been in pain for a long time now.

"Yah! Yeonjun-hyung!!!" All of a sudden, Soobin shouted while walking furiously towards Amkae and that old guy.

Amkae and that old guy looked at him, both in shocked because of what he had called the old guy.

"I said stop hurting her!!!" Soobin yelled, thankfully, there are no people around except them. So no one, except them will ever witness the raging Soobin who's now walking fiercely towards them.

"Who are you----" before the old guy can finish his sentence.

Soobin grabbed his collar and without uttering a word, his fist directly strike on the old guy's face making him fall on the ground and groaned in pain.

Soobin's body froze, the moment he realized what he had done. He suddenly imagined y/n scolding him again for hurting someone.

He calmed himself down, by breathing in and out.

He didn't know either why he suddenly bursted out upon being mad, but all he know now is that he actually thought Amkae and that old guy are Yeonjun and y/n.

Soobin walked away from them, even hearing Amkae calling his name. But he didn't took a glance at her, anyways, he doesn't care for her at all.

"Soobin! Wait!" Amkae followed him, and stopped him from walking by holding his wrist.

"T-thank you----"

"I didn't saved you. You don't need to thank me" Soobin cleared out while wearing his famous expressionless face.

Soobin looked straight in her eyes, seeing it all teary and seeing how she's miserable right now.

"A-as you can see.... my father is hurting me.... I'm miserable.... maybe this is the early karma for what I had done to y/n...." Amkae mumbled, downcasting.

"You honestly deserve it... so don't ever act like you're the victim here." Soobin harshly said, without even thinking if what he said will hurt Amkae's feelings or not.

And with that, Soobin left Amkae hanging there in tears.

But before Soobin can walk any more further away from Amkae.

He stopped when he felt that strange thing in his left chest aching. His knees weakens , but good thing there's a pole that he can lean on that caught him from falling.

His sight became all blurry and hazy, until his knees finally gave up supporting him from standing. His body collapsed on the road,

But before his eyes closed, he saw two figures of a girl and a boy running towards him, calling his name.

"y/n" the only name he called, before his sight went all black

.......