Dream: (Trigger Warning - abuse/violence)

"Dinner was okay." John states. "Thank you." I say monotone while grabbing the dinner plates to take them to the kitchen.

"Don't use that tone with me. When I compliment you, you appreciate it! Got it?!" John yells at me while stepping closer to me.

"I understand, I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry!" I plead.

"You better be! God, you're so ungrateful! You should be glad that you're married to me, a lot of girls wanted to marry me but I, of course, got stuck with you. So, you should be happy! I am the only guy who will ever have a slight interest in you. And I only married you because of your dad's business. You're just baggage. You're worthless, the only reason why they gave birth to you was so they could marry you off one day for a business merger to get more money!" John shouts at me, coming closer by the second.

I start to cry because I'm scared but I wished I hadn't because that makes him even angrier.

"Stop crying! You're so weak!" He yells as he stomps up to me, scaring me even more. I accidentally dropped the plate I was holding on the ground, the noise of it shattering rings throughout the house.

I look back up into John's eyes. Fire. Hatred. Disappointment. Anger.

I start to back up slowly...

"You're so clumsy! God, you're so annoying and lazy! You just broke a plate and you know who pays for that? Me!" John screams, grabbing onto my arm harshly making me drop the other plates on accident. He lets out a louder growl and grips my arm harder, making sure I don't try to run.

He shoves me and I trip, landing straight on the ground. I try to crawl away but I'm trapped in a corner.

"You know what?... You cook terribly, you're ungrateful, you're weak, you're ugly, and you're a waste of my life and time." He shouts.

He comes closer and I see that he has his steal-toed boots on. I look up at him, fear lacing my throat.

"Please... please don't hurt me... it won't happen again, I promise!" I plead.

"You're right. It won't." He states. He brings his foot back and quickly swings it, ramming it into my stomach. I scream in pain and he yells at me to shut up. He keeps kicking me and I can't help but scream in agony, thus making him more mad and making him kick harder, making the pain worse. He kicks me everywhere. My face, my ribs, my legs... he stomps on my hands and kicks me against the wall...

-----

Lucy's POV

"Aslan!" I yell as I wake up from my nightmare. The thunder and lightning continue as I quickly get up and throw the page that I took from the Book of Incantations into the fire. A roar erupts from the fire and I take a deep breath. I look over to Jess who's still sleeping. Jess is tossing and turning but I suspect it's from the hammock. Gael woke me up earlier because she wanted to sleep with her dad tonight. So that just left me and her.