14 [Grocery]

❤✨

❤✨

"Okay, what else do we need?"

"Fruits and vegetables -- radish, eggplant, tomatoes, apples and also grab some bananas."

Soobin had to bite back a grin when he saw Yeonjun pulling a face; for someone as lean and skinny as him he sure did truly little work out and ate even less healthy food. If it weren't for Soobin, Yeonjun would probably live off pizza, kebab and whatever else that was greasy and unhealthy.

"Do we have to? Why don't we just get some lasagna or something."

"Because you literally never eat anything remotely healthy --thank your fast metabolism that you aren't rolling down the street already. Now that we live together I have made it my duty to help you get used to a healthier lifestyle, which included lots of fresh food and you always love what I cook so stop complaining and go grab the vegetables, I'll get some fruit --oh and don't forget the lettuce and some broccoli!"

This time he had to chuckle as he heard Yeonjun groan loudly, before dragging himself off to the vegetables. Soobin really did not understand how Yeonjun survived up until now or didn't had a heart attack.

How could an adult person have such a deep running hate towards everything remotely healthy? It was almost hilarious --but what was even more hilarious was making Yeonjun watch him prepare all the healthy food.

He would continuously complain about everything, but as soon as the food was done, he sat down at the dining table like a good boy and wolves down the prepared dish so there was no way Yeonjun really hated healthy food; or at least not the ones that Soobin prepared.

Soobin silently pushed the card in front of him while he picked up all the other ingredients on his list, while Yeonjun most of the time picked up groceries during weekdays, every now and then they went together.

There was something oddly domesticated about going grocery shopping with his roommate and even though Soobin normally was the one who disliked doing it (too many people and carrying everything home was a pain in the ass) he really liked to do it with Yeonjun.

He snapped out of his thoughts as Yeonjun dumped all the ingredients into the cart with a huff an a pout on his lips. "Do we have to get only healthy stuff?"

Soobin inwardly rolled his eyes. This was typical Yeonjun behaviour. Whining like a kid and making puppy eyes at him whenever there was something he didn't want, or in even more cases, did want.

It was frustratingly endearing and Soobin gave in most of the time (more like, always). By now he also has gotten pretty good at knowing what exactly it was that Yeonjun wanted from him and right now there was one thing he wanted for sure -- choco pies.

These damn things were so extremely easy to make yourself, but Yeonjun still insisted on buying the ones from the supermarket, simply because all he had to do with those was dump the powder like substance into a cup, add a little bit of milk, stir it up and put it in the microwave, which was something even he wouldn't be able to fuck up (Yeonjun's words, not Soobin's).

Soobin was still one hundred percent sure that the younger one would not be completely shit at cooking, if he only so much as paid a little attention to whenever Soobin cooked. But the younger one most of the time had his sketchbook with him, doodling a new design for yet another client or simply watched Soobin move around the kitchen, but apparently simply watching Soobin was not enough, or at least that was what Yeonjun told him all the time.

Soobin had the feeling that Yeonjun simply liked it when he cooked for him so he eventually gave up on trying to teach him how to properly cook and simply cooked for him. It was not like he minded, it was actually kinda adorable and also fun.

Yeonjun always had the biggest and warmest smile on his lips whenever Soobin would prepare food for them. One time he even made intestines for Yeonjun (he hated that stuff with passion) and Yeonjun had hugged him so tight he felt a rib nearly crack. It was cute to see how grateful the younger man was when it came to small stuff like that.

"Alright, fine. Go get your damn choco pies." -- Yeonjun grinned at him like a happy kid, stepped next to him and placed a small kiss on his cheek, whispering a small 'thank you' before skipping off to his beloved choco pies.

It was ridiculous to think that this man was making him feel utterly comfortable. He shook his head and absently touched the area Yeonjun had kissed --his lips were still as soft as back then.

Yeonjun came back with three packages of those damn things and dumped them into the cart.

"We done?"

"Yes, we done."

After paying and packing up the groceries Soobin didn't think twice and grabbed the bags; he was dead tired and just wanted to go home and eat one of those damn choco pies.

Yeonjun had prepared them so often by now that they had turned into his own kind of comfort food even if he would never admit it out loud -- the shit eating grin he always got when Yeonjun caught him preparing one was bad enough, though by now it has more turned into a warm smile than a grin, which wasn't that bad actually.

Especially since most of the time he prepared a second one for Yeonjun and they would sit down on the balcony and simply enjoy a moment of silence and choco pies, followed by cigarettes and a glass of wine.

It has also become a small thing between them that whenever one of them felt stressed or tired or just needed a moment to sit down with the other one to recharge their batteries --they would simply make a pie for them to share and grab their cigarettes and dragging the other one out to the balcony.

It was nice and Soobin enjoyed this little ritual they had created for them.

"Uhm, Soobin?"

"Hm?", he absently turned towards Yeonjun.

"You do know I can carry some of the bags, too right?"

His eyes drifted down to him holding all the groceries they just bought and back to Yeonjun --Yeonjun who had had three huge projects to work on, which left him drawing nonstop these days.

He hadn't openly complained about his wrists hurting, but he had seen the younger one wrapping them carefully after applying some sort of ointment that smelled like lavender and mint.

Just because he wasn't complaining didn't mean he wasn't hurting, besides he really didn't mind to carry bags for Yeonjun.

"Just shut up and carry the toilet paper."

Yeonjun smiled at that again.

✨✨

Did you like the chap?

Okay, I should definitely address this here. It is bad to smoke, I know. Smoking is seriously injurious to health, but then I just found it hot so why not.

Just because I mention them smoking doesn't mean I support it, it was just an idea I got for my plot, please don't accuse me for that. Thank you :)

And, do you like the name cryptictwilight??