Chapter 34 - Down the rabbit hole

"Did you find her?"

"No, we've checked everywhere."

"Dammit!"

Dean kicked at the table, making it fall to pieces.

"Castiel!" he screamed. "Get your feathered ass down here, you son of a bitch! I know you got Allegra! You bring her back, you hear me?!"

"Will ya take it easy for one goddamn minute?! We don't even know if he's got her!" Bobby pushed Dean back before he could destroy any other furniture.

"Well, who else, Bobby?! Cas, dammit, get down here!"

"Hello, Dean."

At the sound of the angel's voice, Dean turned on his heels. Time stood still for just a second, but then he just snapped and jumped Castiel. He took him by his trench coat and smacked him against the wall. Castiel did nothing to defend himself.

"Where's Allegra?" hissed Dean.

"She's safe," answered Castiel shortly.

"Bull! Tell me where she is!"

"Allegra is safe. That's all you need to know."

"Cas, I swear to God I will tear you a new one if you don't tell me right now!"

"You were right about her. So know that I will protect her. She will be our savior. You'll see."

Dean's fist hit the wall right where Castiel's face had been just a second ago. He punched right through the wooden wall. Sam hurried over to carefully extract his brother's bloody hand before he made things worse. Dean barely noticed how mangled it was. He didn't notice the blood, the splinters, or the pain. Adrenaline was rushing through his body, fuelling his rage and making him numb to everything else.

"Alley, if you can hear me, I'm coming. I promise I won't stop until I do. You gotta hold on, Alley, please. Just hold on. I will find you."

***

Allegra tried to make out her surroundings, but it was all such a blur. Her head hurt like crazy, but she still managed to push herself up and sit against the cold wall behind her. She looked down and noticed the shackles had been removed and were now only around her ankle. Had Castiel taken them off?
Ever since Montana, Allegra had been wary of him. Since he made her use her powers against her will, she learned to hate him and to take heed of everything he did.
But out of all the scenarios in her head, Allegra had never imagined Castiel getting in league with the King of Hell. They both wanted to get to Purgatory for the same reason; the souls. Split the souls fifty-fifty, and both Heaven and Hell would each have an awesome power to fall back on. Castiel wanted to use the power to 'save' Heaven from Raphael whilst Crowley... well, who knew what the bastard really wanted.

Male voices arguing near her made Allegra turn her head sideways. Castiel and Crowley stood a bit further away, not paying any attention to her at all. She sat quietly as a mouse, so she didn't give away that she was awake, and listened.

"You took Ben and Lisa," said Castiel. "I told you..."

"Not to touch Sam and Dean," interrupted Crowley in a monotone voice. "And I've respected that. But having sweet Allegra with us didn't provide us with the proper distraction for the boys. If anything, it gave them even more motivation to find us. Those two mortals are just what we needed. As long as I have the woman and boy, your fop-coiffed little heroes will be scouring the earth for them, therefore not you and not me. Everybody wins."

Ben and Lisa... Oh God, no... Dean...

"You should've talked to me first," complained Castiel, somewhat irritated.