chapter fifteen

"(Y/N)!"

When you walked through the open door of the gymnasium, you expected to go unnoticed. The boys were practicing and the coaches were on the bench, so you were confident that no one would see you. Lev, however, did, and before you could register in your brain that he was running full speed ahead of you, both you and the air in your lungs were knocked out on the floor.

"LEV! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING! HELP! HER! UP!" Yaku was screaming at the younger boy from the other side of the gymnasium and you couldn't help but let out a small chuckle when Lev profusely apologized as he got you on your feet. At this point you were sure that the whole team was aware of your company, so you waved and those who wore gloomy expressions (due the being in there since the morning) immediately brightened up.

The first person to greet you properly was none other than Coach Nekoma. He chuckled a bit to himself as you were dusting yourself off. "I see Nekoma's sweetheart has decided to pay us a visit once again."

You blushed a bit at his comment before waving your hand in front of you.

"I haven't been here long enough to earn that title."

"You've been here for more than a month. I think that's enough time." You smiled towards him and thanked him as he offered you a seat next to him and Coach Naoi. "Boys, head out and run. I have to go over some notes with Naoi." A loud "Yes Sir!" resounded throughout the whole gymnasium and almost immediately all the boys were gone. You felt awkward as you were in between both coaches who were passing their notes to each other. Then they redirected their attention to you and Coach Nekomata was the first one to place his notes in your hand before Coach Naoi followed in suit.

"What do you think of the rotation positions for this practice? Coach Naoi says to change Kuroo from his previous position, but I think we could keep him right where he is."

You looked at the positions of the players and it seemed to make sense for the current match. If the players were to stay in their current spots then it wouldn't affect the team as much because from what you understood (and from what Tsubaki had told you), the guys were all flexible no matter where they are. You were going to agree with Coach Nekomata when another thought crossed your head.

What about their rotation?

"I believe Coach Naoi is right," you paused for a second to see their expressions, which were neutral, so you continued. "If you were to think about the rotation of the team, it's possible that the line up at the front can be thrown off course and although the players are flexible, it'll probably take them a bit to adjust. By changing the spots, you're slowly adjusting the players into their spots and the pace of the game compared to throwing them in all at once." (A/N: idk wtf i'm typing)

Coach Nekomata nodded his head at your explanation and Coach Naoi seemed proud of your analysis. The doors to the gymnasium opened and in came the boys, sweating and tired.

"(L/N)-san, do you mind me asking, have you joined a club?" You responded "no" at Coach Naoi's question and he nodded in understanding.

"I came to Nekoma a month after the school year started, so the principal told me that it was possible that not many clubs were open for new members. Also it's been at least a month since I came, so I'm not sure if there even are clubs available."

Coach Nekomata let out a laugh from the bottom of his stomach before patting you on the head. "Well today's your lucky day, you passed our test."

Huh?

"(L/N)-san, how would you like to be the manager of the volleyball team?"

You looked at Coach Nekomata with wide eyes and before you could comprehend what had happened, the most inhuman noise came out of your mouth.