Quidditch and Duels

Since the writing on the wall, nothing else seemed to happen. The thought seemed to escape Draco's mind a lot more now as the quidditch match against Gryffindor was coming closer. He had been training even without the team by himself, making sure he would be able to beat Potter.

His time on the pitch had taken away from his studies and he was so behind until Pansy and Blaise offered to help him with assignments. Draco wasn't sure if they knew how much it meant to him, but a small part of him did. Since his father was coming it seemed as though everyone was hoping the best for him.

Eventually, the dreaded Saturday approached and Draco awoke before the mermaids in the lake. He immediately got up and ran to the bathroom to throw up. The nerves were getting to him and the fear of failure was also creeping upon him.

Theo and Blaise eventually woke up and sat beside him as he continued to spew into the toilet.

When Draco finally stopped Theo handed him a glass of water and gave a small smile.

"Don't worry Draco, you'll do great, Me and William Ratman will be cheering for you! Just think about that," His cheery voice sung as he got up and walked back into the dorms. Blaise rubbed his back and laughed.

"You heard the man, don't let your father being there shake you," Blaise said and then got closer to his ear and whispered, "and worst comes to worst, make fun of Potter that always cheers you up,". The Slytherin gave a cunning wink and got up to join Theo in getting dressed for the day.

Draco laughed to himself a bit and then decided it was time. He got up off the floor and walked into the dorms to change into his quidditch robes. He decided he was going to win this game, and show Potter who exactly he was messing with.

The entire Slytherin house left the dungeons close to eleven to make their way over to the pitch. Blaise, Theo, Pansy, and Crabbe, and Goyle had all left to get to their seats which left Draco alone to be in a nervous wreck. Marcus and Adrian were waiting in the tent for him and begun running over the plays with no hesitation.

"Now Draco, Terrance used to be excellent at the Wronski Feint and of course we don't expect you to know it, but we think it would throw off Potter," Marcus said smacking his back and then talking to the rest of the team. Adrian and Miles flashed Draco and smile and then crowded around Marcus.

Draco knew exactly what the Wronski Feint was, doing it though, seemed impossible. He was too nervous and throwing in something he hadn't practiced could ruin everything.

Time moved so fast that before you know it Draco and the rest of the team were mounting their brooms and flying onto the pitch. Hearing the cheers and seeing the flashes of waving green, red, blue, and yellow flags made Draco smile. He spotted Theo waving William Ratman in the air and Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle all cheering for him as Draco flew to his position.

He was so happy in the moment that when he glanced over at the teacher section and saw Snape and his father his smile seemed to dim down. Lucius Malfoy was dressed in all black and casually whispering to Snape's ear any chance he got. Draco took a deep breath and flooded his mind with the thoughts of beating Harry.

Madam Hooch entered onto the pitch with the Quaffle and asked Flint and Wood to shake hands, which they did while giving each other threatening stares and gripping rather harder than was necessary.

"On my whistle," said Madam Hooch. "Three...two...one..."

With a roar from the crowd to speed them upward, the fourteen players rose toward the leaden sky. Draco spotted Harry flying upwards and decided to join him.

make fun of Potter that always cheers you up

"All right there, Scar-head?" Draco yelled, shooting underneath Harry to show off the speed of his new broom.