Chapter Four

n the middle of the night Victoria started rapidly throwing up.

"HELP!" Piper screamed, she ran out of bed.

Doctors rushed into the room, a women held Tori's hair for her. Her face was pale and clammy she looked like she was on the verge of death.

"Someone please go get Dr. Klein her heart rate is decreasing rapidly." the women holding her hair yelled.

Tori vomit started to show blood, the nurse started spitting out medical terms.

"Shes coding!!," the women screamed, "Piper please go tell someone at the front desk to call her parents, OK?"

Piper stood still.

"PIPER!" the nurse yelled.

She nodded frantic. Dr. Klein walked into the room, assisting the nurse. After awhile, they got Toris' vomiting and her heart rate back to normal.

"Tori!" her mom ran into the room, Dr. Klein turned to face her frantic mother.

"She's fine Mrs. Fitzgerald."

"Are you kidding me? I hope you're kidding, you're saying my daughter is fine, look at her."

Victoria was passed out asleep still pale.

"We are going to start her first round of chemotherapy tomorrow." Dr. Klein opened her manilla folder, her white jacket, black kaki pants, teal tank top, and teal matching heals.

"Ok. Thank you, I read a little bit of the process through the brochure they gave me."

"Good, good, and you're welcome Mrs. Fitzgerald." she lifted her glasses, closing her manilla folder, holding it close to her chest, and leaving the room.

Victoria's mom sat next to her in one of the chairs placed in the room, Piper sat on her bed staring at them both.

"Piper, are you ok?" Tori's mother asked her.

"Yes, Mrs. Fitzgerald I'm fine."

"Mrs. Fitzgerlad is my mother-in-law, call me Kathy."

"Yes, Kathy, I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"You should really get some rest sweetheart it's only five o'clock in the morning."

"Is it really?"

Tori's mother nodded.

Piper made herself comfortable under her sheets.

"Goodnight Kathy."

"Night Piper."

❁❁❁

Ⓜom?" Tori said waking up around noon.

"Hi Tori."

"What happened?"

"You had an episode."

"Of course I did. Mom, am I going to be alright?"

"Yes, Victoria, don't think otherwise."

"Where's Piper?" Tori sat up, and got out of bed.

"Tori lay back down, she's fine she went down to the lounge she told me to tell you."

"Alright. Well I'm atleast getting dress mother."

She walked over to the dresser pulling out, black leggings, a Harvard University Crew Neck, with socks that matched.

She looked at herself in the mirror playing with the braid Austin had done for her the night before. She undid it, leaving her hair wavy.