LXVIII

"turns and twists"
_________________________________________

July 12, 1950

BOOM!

"General! We need backup!" One of them yelled.

"Send in the helicopters, and where's Troop B?" He asked as took out his walkie talkie whilst taking cover.

"Troop B is in formation sir, shall I tell them to get a grenade ready?" He asked.

"Yes, please do, the North is gaining on us!" The general yelled through the smoke and dust flying all around the battlefield.

"Where's the Lieutenant?" The general asked.

"He's in battlefied," he replied.

"Cadet, go find him," he told him.

The cadet nodded before walking out of their broken down hideout , there were mists of dusts and smoke flying around and all he could see were shadows of his troop.

"Lieutenant! Lieutenant Jeon!" He screamed through the nasty booms of the gunpowder and the smell of asphalt.

Jungkook was at the very front, his stealthy skills preventing him from getting shot by the Northern.

But then, his eyes widened as he took cover and spotted something that made his instincts move instantly.

He stood up, and ran as fast as he can.

It was his bestfriend,

Standing near the fatal area of firing.

"Look out!" He screamed before turning him and his body was exposed to the firing that was happening.

And the bestfriend?

His name was Park Jinyoung.

PRESENT

BANG!

I'm dead

I'm so dead

I hugged Chaeyoung, my eyes squinted shut as I waited for the immense pain of the bullet to shoot me.

But

I felt nothing.

I opened my eyes slowly and a huge gasp came out from my lips as I tried to process what was happening.

It was Jungkook.

Hugging me

"J-jungkook!" I screamed as his eyes were closed, his chin rests on my shoulder and tears filled my eyes as I tried to process what was happening.

The bullet hit him.

JUNGKOOK POV

Noona!

Not my noona, please not her.

I don't want to lose her again.

With all my might, I shook off the wires that were about to erase my memories.

Not my Eunhee, my Chaehee, and the love of my life.

With all the force I have, I ripped the rope off of myself.

You took Jiminie hyung, not my Eunhee this time.

I ran to where Eunhee was, who was protecting her sister, and Eunjae was already pulling the trigger.