Chapter Eight|Fear

"If you don't eat food, what do you eat," George said suddenly, making Dream choke on his drink.

"Uhm... Who says I eat at all?" Dream said back, wiping his mouth with a sleeve before taking another bite of his burger. He's eaten three, but George said it doesn't matter since he got money from donations earlier.

"Well, all living things have to eat." George shot back quickly, as if he already knew Dream was gonna say that.

"Well, you'd be surprised how little some organisms have to eat to survive-" Dream said, trying to change the topic as he reached for his drink slowly. George snatched it away at the last second, causing Dream to pout.

"Just tell me already," George said, his brows drawn and his small frown making Dream groan.

"Fine. I eat human fear, okay? Give me back my soda-" Dream said, leaning forward to grab it only for the boy to pull it even further away.

"Hold on, human fear?" George asked, eyes wide. Dream rolled his eyes, moving his head too so that George could, probably, understand it.

"Yes, human fear George. You think I just gave you nightmares for twelve years just for shits and giggles?" Dream asked, crossing his arms. He was salty. He wanted his damn Fanta.

"You gave me sleep paralysis before that!" George said in response, just a little too loud. He looked around, a bit alarmed, before leaving in to repeat himself, this time in his 'inside voice'.

"Yeah, I know. But after that, I was feeding off of your fear. I'm like a parasite. Wish I wasn't, but I can't do anything about it." He said, standing up to snatch his drink back. Well, he says snatch, but it was more of a slightly forceful grab; He didn't want to spill it.

George was struck silent at that. The longer the silence went on, the more Dream's shoulders slouched. He didn't feel like eating anymore, but he shouldn't waste it. A dark feeling was curling in his stomach, like a boa wrapping around his torso and squeezing.

"I forgive you," George said out of the blue, and Dream froze from where he was sipping his drink, pulling the straw out of his mouth and looking up at George, giving the shorter boy his undivided attention.

"Yeah. I don't know why, but I forgive you, Dream." George said, looking up from his plate and freezing. For a second, Dream thought they were making eye contact. He looked down at his hands, but no. He's still half-demon. And the moment was ruined, George blushing and sipping on his drink.

Dream was done within the next ten minutes. They paid the bill and headed out, and Dream wanted nothing more than to sip some chai tea and wait for George to fall asleep so he could sneak out and feed.

However, George still felt like taking a walk for a bit after. To work off the food, the boy had said. Dream didn't doubt that he just wanted to keep busy to forget about the fact that Dream had been feeding off of him for years.

And they walked, just for a little while. Everything was peaceful. It was around nine fifty, and the weather was warm, the street lamps lighting up the streets, which had little to no people walking around.

But this isn't what bothered Dream.

Every place they passed by, there were people sleeping. The aroma of a dream, ripe and fresh for manipulation, made Dream's mouth water and his true hunger rev up.

Finally, they were home.

Dream whined a bit as he took off his shoes, like a sad puppy. He didn't notice that he did it, it was instinct, something he did when he was hungry.

"Did you just whine?" George asked, looking up from his phone from where he was sitting on the couch.

"What? No?" Dream said, genuinely confused as he finally got his shoes off.

"No, you definitely did," George said, sitting up with a mischievous smile on his face.

"No, I'm pretty sure I didn't." Dream said back, crossing his arms.

"You totally did! Oh my god, you just whined like a puppy- I'm putting this on Twitter-" Dream was already chasing him, and George was laughing super loudly and typing any chance he got. Finally, Dream got a projectile and threw it at him, the pillow knocking his phone to the carpeted floor.

George @GeorgeNotFound
Dream whinws ike a pugsbbknwijosn

   |Claire is confused @sappynappy25
   |Did we just witness a murder

   |GogySimp😗☕ @ShankWSword
   |Wait- what was he trying to say we
   |need to decode this!

"Hey!" George said, trying to reach for his phone, but Dream grabbed his arm and turned him around, pushing him against a wall. From this position, you could really see the height difference. It was actually kinda cute.

Dream just stayed like that for a bit, both him and George breathing heavily to try and catch their breath. They held eye contact for a moment, and again Dream had the distinct feeling that instead of George seeing the mask, he could see his actual eyes. This time, he didn't look away to check.

They just stayed like there for a while, George's face swiftly becoming redder and redder. Dream looked down at his soft-looking lips once before he decided he needed to get something in his system. It was around ten, plenty of people would be asleep.

Even though he just took off his shoes, he was already pulling them back on again before he turned back to look at George.

"Sorry. I'll... I'll be back in two hours. I need to eat something." He said, before leaving through the door, a confused George staring in his wake.

Dream's eyes, his human ones. George could've sworn he saw them in his mind's eye for a moment.

He could see the green, and the dusting of freckles, but only for a second, like a single frame in an animation.

He could actually see the green, and for the first time, the color didn't scare him.

An

Colored these, thought you guys might like them. Dream's colors don't change when he opens his mouth, I was just using a color palette.

Anyways, hope you liked this chapter, and that you have a good morning/noon/night.