~ 10 ~

- A year later -

Seollim sat on the bench at the outside of the rink, the same exact place where she'd met Sunghoon a year ago. She couldn't help smiling at the memory, and despite not being able to spend time with him anymore, the memory warmed her heart.

They still were in touch, of course. They were neighbors, after all. And when they decided they shouldn't be meeting up anymore, they finally exchanged numbers, though neither of them had much time to call or text each other.

She'd created a twitter fan page for him, just as promised. And both him and Heesung had followed her on their secret Twitter fan accounts.

Every time she retweeted something about how handsome Sunghoon was, she'd get a message from him like "😏" and occasionally Heesung would send a "😂" emoji and then retweet it on his own account.

She watched Sunghoon online. She'd bought his albums. She would have gone to his music show performances, but she didn't want to accidentally get him in trouble.

Despite everything, Seollim still liked him. A lot. And she felt that he still liked her.

She saw his eyes light up when they saw each other, she saw the smile that he held only for her.

And whenever she'd talked to Heesung, he'd drop little hints about Sunghoon still liking her.

It kind of made her happy to know that he still liked her.

But it also worried her. A part of her knew that it could be better for the both of them to move on and forget about each other.

He got more popular with every passing day. Seeing it made her happy and proud. But it also made him feel further away from her.

Still, she was proud, and happy. Despite his busy schedule, and hers, they still encouraged each other. She'd text him words of encouragement before his concerts or fanmeets, and he messaged her before her major tests. He was hardly at his apartment now, but when she did see him, she got so happy that she could hardly keep herself from running into his arms. And maybe he felt the same way, because he always kept a distance. She understood that. She was afraid she wouldn't be able to let him go if she got too close, and maybe he was afraid of the same thing.

Seollim watched the skaters, a sad smile on her lips. She watched the couples holding hands and remembered how that used to be them.

She bent down to put on her skates, but paused.

Someone was standing in front of her.

Her heart skipped a beat, but she didn't dare to look up. She kept her eyes on her skates.

The person crouched down, holding the skate for her to put her foot in.

She finally met his gaze.

"Hi there," Sunghoon whispered, smiling up at her. His eyes were shinning. "I hope you haven't forgotten all about me already."

- the end -