Chapter 38: Revelations

Start from the beginning

"SHIT!"

Leanna shot up and stormed into the kitchen. Phoenix was leaning against the counter, coughing.

"I'm so sorry! Sophie was in the shower and she was burned all over and then Jagger gave her blood and I'm so sorry!" She let out in one breath, rushing to him.

"I'm fine, Lena," he reassured her, kissing her head. "We need to..." he let out a violent cough. "...warn everyone. The water's tainted." Grabbing the beer on the counter, he took a giant swig.

"That's an uh, interesting choice," Jagger mused, leaning against the counter.

"It's all that was in the fridge," Phoenix retorted, cleaning his mouth.

Setting down the bottle, he let out a deep breath and opened his mind to the entire pack.

No one use the well water. It's been poisoned with wolfsbane.

Then, in a separate mindlink for Maire, Sean, and Becca, he told them to meet him in his office for an emergency meeting.

"I got a mouth full of ass water this morning. Who the hell needs to die!" Gemma stormed into the house, her voice echoing.

"Ass is not meant to drink," Jagger commented when she walked into the kitchen, Sebastian trailing behind her.

"Shove it, vampire!" She snapped.

"Tempting," he winked.

"You two are like fucking 12 year olds," Phoenix interrupted them. "Make another fucking comment."

Leanna's eyes widened and Gemma growled, "Don't threaten me, Thaddeus."

His eyes flashed, "You're not off the hook yet, Gemma Mae."

She took a step forward, but Sebastian caught her arm, pulling her back, "Not the time," he whispered.

"Don't play the hero," she remarked icily.

"Can I make some popcorn?" Jagger whispered to Leanna, his eyes wide with excitement.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Phoenix turned his glare on Jagger who shrugged nonchalantly,

"Most of the time."

Leanna watched the three bicker back and forth, Phoenix's wolf peeking out and Gemma becoming increasingly agitated. Jagger was simply egging them on like the sadist he was.

"STOP!" Leanna's voice had deepened, and their eyes snapped over to her.

"Hon, your eyes are glowing again," Gemma's voice had gone soft, like a croon.

"Lena, are you okay? You need to relax," Phoenix urged her, taking a step forward.

She let out a laugh but didn't say anything. Her whole body was heating up and she was doing everything not to lose control and set the whole house ablaze.

"You two were ready to rip each other's throat out so don't tell me to calm down. We've got a pack to worry about and a fucking traitor to find. Because unless Rick snuck onto the land, located the very hidden well, and poisoned it, it was one of ours. So how about you both get your shit together?" She let out a deep breath, her hands shaky.

"Alpha?" Maire walked into the kitchen, catching everyone's attention. "Is uh, everything okay in here?"

Phoenix cleared his throat, "Yes, Maire. Find Becca and Sean and meet me in my office, please."

She nodded, "Becca's right behind me. I'm having a little trouble connecting to Sean."

"Fuck," he ran a hand down his face. "Alright, Gemma, I'll argue with you later. Jagger, go...find someone to suck on, whatever you do. Lena, let's go."