fifty eighth

chapter fifty eight.

"P-Please stop crying.." Taeyong tried comforting you with a horrified expression, not knowing whether to comfort you first or keep driving. "W-w-where should I take you?"

"Something fresh." You said between your sobs.

"I don't kn--"

"Let's stop here!" You suddenly yelled. Taeyong was too startled that he hit the break and almost having a heart attack. He was having a headache from what's currently happening. He didn't notice that you already went down and when he did, he immediately opened the door to get out but was too in a hurry to forgot he's still buckled up on his seat.

You stopped your loud cries while walking bare foot in the grass. Taeyong was too distracted by your sobs that he didn't notice he just took you to the perfect place.

It was an endless field with the stars twinkling above. You fell down weekly at the soft grasses as the silk of the hospital gown brushes over your skin.

Taeyong hurriedly removed his shoe and passed it to you but you shook your head while still staring blankly at the night sky.

"You should wear this. There are insects and bugs everywhere." He said frustratingly.

"Maybe I should let them bite me so I won't feel so numb." You mumbled.

Taeyong huffed a sigh and sit beside you. He looked at you intently and when he was satisfied, he stared down. "Are you mad at them?"

Unexpected tears rushed on your cheeks. You shut you eyes and tiredly shook your head. "I just need time, Taeyong. I mean.. they lied." You shrugged. "They lied about the most important thing in my life."

"But even if they said it from the beginning, you'll still be mad at them." Taeyong comfortingly tapped your back. The breeze blew that felt like a hug on you.

"Either way, they shouldn't have lied. We've talked about my father for so many times and none of them mentioned about him being behind everything. It hurts so much. It hurts that my father was behind all of this and the guys knew about this." You explained and looked at Taeyong who's caught off guard. "I'm not angry, I'm in pain." You hung your head low. "They will still hurt me no matter what, but since they said it sooner, it hurted even more. I have the right to know no matter how painful it is."

Taeyong no longer responded. He let you cried until it decreases as time pass by.

He nodded and broke the sad silence. "I hope you understand. Everyone in the building are involved of fighting against Mr. Yoon, it means EXO is working hard to make things right for you. I hope you won't be confused and won't have to choose between your dad or the guys. I mean you'll obviously gonna be confus--"

"Thank you, Taeyong. I couldn't cry it out with Jaepil because she's not there, not with EXO because they're the ones who make me want to bawl my eyes out, not with Eunwoo because he's one of them."

Taeyong reassuringly smiled. "I'll always be here."

You suddenly opened your eyes wide and snapped your head at Taeyong. An idea suddenly popping above your head. "C-Can you take me into EXO's house?"

"I should take you back into the hospital--" You held Taeyong in his hands tightly.

"Please. I just need to confirm something." You pleaded.

Taeyong firmed his frame and shook his head. "No."

"Taeyong please--"

"Get in the car." He ordered sternly. You pouted and followed him with your shoulders falling. Taeyong angrily opened the passenger seat and closed it for you. He sat on the driver's seat and stared in the steering wheel for minutes. You remained staring at him with a pout, hoping it would work. He huffed a sigh and started the engine. "That won't work."