Chapter 11: The Arena

Connor woke up on the floor of what seemed to be a dusty and run-down prison cell. He felt confused as he tried opening his eyes, he felt tired and his vision was blurry. 

"The hell?!" Connor mumbled in confusion. "Wh-Where am I?" he continued. Connor got up from the floor as soon as he fully woke up. Connor realized that nobody was with him in the cell, not even Jayden, Aaron, Jackal, Draco, or even his only droid, AM-76. 

Connor looked his belt to see if his lightsaber or even a blaster was present. 

There was nothing. He had been stripped of any weapons he had owned.

This vibe filled Connor with a sense of dread and loneliness. He sat down on his hard and dirty bed and putting his hands over his face, about to cry. 

Tears streamed down his face as Connor looked up. "I gotta find a way out of here..." he said to himself.

Connor stood up from his bed and looked at the bars of his prison cell. He reched out with both of his hands, attempting to use the Force to break open his cell. The bars began to shake and bend until they were fully ripped apart. Connor could now escape.

Connor walked casually through the prison. He noticed that the prison looked like it had been abandoned for years, or maybe even decades. He saw helmets of Imperial Stormtroopers and Death Troopers from the old Galactic Civil War lying on the floor. This prison was once used by the old Galactic Empire, and now it was probably used by whoever imprisoned Connor, most likely the bounty hunters he confronted at the spaceport.

Connor looked trough the prison cells, attempting to look for his friends. But there was no sign of them anywhere. It's possible that they could've already escaped. Connor knew he had to find them. So he ran through the hallways, and out of the prison. The exit lead to a long tunnel, and when Connor finally got to the end, he arrived in a large arena filled with people in the crowd and music was playing. However, Connor could tell that he was still on Bonadan.

In the middle of the arena,  There was a large hologram present of an exquiste-dressed person, He looked like someone who would spend their money on gambling at the Canto Bight casino. As well as five stone pillars. This appeared to be an execution, and the pillars were where Connor and maybe even the rest of the Shield Squadron were set to be executed.

"Where am I?!" Connor asked, panicked and confused, he then looked at the hologram. "Who are you?! What am I doing here?!" Connor asked, panicked and confused all at the same time.

"Well, I thought you would never ask!" the figure replied. "I'm Tamet Breuan, the host of your execution! Commander Xerox thought this would be much better than taking you into the First Order!" Tamet smiled. "Now let's make this... hurt!"

Everyone in the crowd laughed except for two people, a grey Nautolan with a hood over his head and a Zabrak smuggler, who was smoking a death stick.

"Ya know, the way that kid's dressed..." The Zabrak murmured. "He kinda reminds me of you, Jiro. Do you think he could be one of your kind? A Jedi?"

"I don't know, Talwo." Jiro said. "He seems a bit too young to be a survivor... Maybe it's just a custom from his culture?"

"Maybe." Talwo said before going back to smoking his death stick.

"This is my execution?!" Connor yelled. "What are you going to do with me?!" Two henchman, dressed similar to the bounty hunters that Connor confronted at the spaceport, handcuffed Connor and dragged him to one of the stone pillars and cuffed him there.

"Oh... and one more thing!" Tamet said. "Your friends are here!" Tamet said. Connor looked at the tunnel behind him, parallel from the one he arrived out of, and he saw the Shield Squadron,  Jayden, Aaron, Jackal, and Draco being dragged to the other four stone pillars.

"No..." Connor muttered as he say them being cuffed to the pillars. "Let me guess..." Connor continued. "You all were captured as well?"

"Yeah... I guess you could say that..." Draco replied.

"And now! For the moment you've all been waiting for!" Tamet Breuan yelled to the crowd. "UNLEASH! THE! BEASTS!!!!!" The henchman brought in two Rancors from both tunnels. The crew looked terrified of what was to come. They were all about to be brutally murdered and maybe even eaten alive by the Rancors.

"I have a bad feeling about this!" Jayden said to herself.

"We all do. Trust me." Jackal replied.