Reminisce

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

"Monster" Imagine Dragons. Please, please, please listen to it!

Omg. Guys. By some miracle, I had the time to write. And when I did...I seriously couldn't stop. I'm so excited for the next chapter!

~STARK~

The pain of being hundreds of years old isn't limited to back aches. Increased memory storage comes with the package deal of becoming a Lycan- HD memory storage. And unfortunately then moment I go to sleep, my brain decides that it's time to go back and enjoy what traumatizing memories I had in the past. This reminisce brought me to one of my most darkest times- literally. It was the day I became blind.

My mother had come around once more with the salt hidden in her curled fist. She'd rub it in my wounds that I got when I ran outside to play instead of staying at home locked up in my room. She was embarrassed of me. I couldn't blame her- I was a bastard child after all. My mother was left a widow after her husband committed suicide the moment he found out that she cheated on him. He was weak, as were the rest of her rich and dim-witted husbands that doused her with all the things she had asked for.

And I was left there, in my room. With nothing two pairs of clothes and whatever wood chips I would scrape off with my nail to make my own toys.

That day she'd gone out. I remember her bright cerulean blue eyes much like mine burning into me as she told me to stay inside. It was strange, because this time she actually looked concerned about my welfare. 

I didn't listen to her because soon after she said that, the back of her hand glided across my face without hesitation.

Of course, I had forgotten. Yes, Mother. Goodbye, Mother. I love you, Mother.

I hate you, Mother.

After watching the carriage pull away, I remember pushing myself off the window sill and running to the front door as fast as my short legs would carry me where I got a better view of the carriage dissapearing in the hills. I checked that sun's position, then back at the end of her vanishing carriage several times before I burst out of the house, breathing in as much fresh air as possible. The tinkering of bells was heard further down the dirt street, opposite of the direction that my mother went. I knew those bells- they were like heaven's harps to me.

I remember running as fast as I could- until my heart was pounding out of my chest, until the exchange of air between my lungs and the open outdoors was a rapid transition, until I had to keel over and skid to a stop in front of the only person who understood me and my situation and didn't judge me for it.

"Castor!"

The auburn haired kid I knew as the cocky and arrogant dirt freak would stare at me with the most bored expression he could muster that day. "Run, Stark. Run."

The sense of hurt from the memory hit me like a train wreck. "Why? Do you not like me-"

He paled. "No. My sister is here."

It was the first I had ever heard of him having a sister. I knew his parents refused to stay together after certain events pushed them apart that I didn't know of, but the fact that he had a sister shocked me.

It wasn't until we both looked to the front door where a little girl, about a year or two younger than me, ran forward and tackled the two of us down. I found out later that her name was Winry and she was going to be staying with Castor for a while. During the summers when Castor would leave to his father's estate, he would see Winry there. We played for hours on end, and I lost track of time because just as the sun was dipping below the horizon, a gloved hand wrapped around the collar of my coat and dragged me back to the house.