Chapter 5

"Good morning sunshine!" Maya exclaimed, running up to me.

I smiled, "Well good morning to you too." I said, closing my locker and leaning up against it. 

She was standing with Miles, who was opening his locker, "So, how did your interview go last night? I never asked over the phone." She asked me.

I smiled, "It was really good. Tessa is so nice and from what she's told me about Clara she seems like a really sweet girl. I'm gonna watch her for a few hours tonight as like a test-run kind of thing but I'm not worried." I said. 

"That sounds great! So Clara is the girl's name?" Maya asked.

Cole and Tyler walked up to join us as I nodded, "Yeah. I didn't get to meet her last night but Tessa told me all about her. Apparently, she loves art recently, so I'm going to bring a bunch of my paints and stuff. Maybe I'll even paint you something." I told her, smiling. 

Ever since she'd seen some of my notebook doodles she'd been begging me to draw something for her. She got very excited at my words as Cole spoke up.

"Oh no no no. Children don't want to do art. Just throw on a movie and give em' some snacks and you're golden." He said. 

"Remind me to never leave you alone with my younger siblings." Tyler said with a deadpan. 

I laughed, "Anyways, I'm glad it seems to be working out, and I'm sure tonight will go great, Ariel." Miles spoke up as we began walking to english, which was our first class of the day. 

"So if this become a regular thing, you're not going to be babysitting every Friday night, right?" Cole asked.

I gave him a look and he seemed to understand what I was getting at as his face fell, "Aw no Ariel! Football starts up soon! You can't not come and cheer us on!" Cole whined.

I just shrugged, "Sorry. Her parents have business trips and meetings on the weekends. And I need the money. But don't worry, she told me I can ask for a Friday off every now and then. I promise I'll make it to at least two of your games." I said. 

"Just two?" Cole asked, giving me puppy dog eyes. 

I gave him a look, "It's better than none, isn't it?" I asked.

He narrowed his eyes, "Fine." he said as we walked into the classroom.

As we were sitting at our desks, just chatting, Lucas walked in. Per usual, he glanced over at me, clenched his jaw, and then turned to sit on the opposite side of the room. Thankfully, Rebecca wasn't in our english class, so she couldn't use him as a jungle gym in front of me. 

"Well apparently Lucas Hunter knows how to hold a grudge." Maya whispered, leaning over to talk to me.

I smirked, "Apparently." I replied. 

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful. It was the Friday of the first week of school, so most people were just looking for the day to end so they could start their weekend; which happened to kick off with a party at Rebecca's house. 

"I wish you could come, it would be so much more fun with you." Maya said sadly as all of us walked through the parking lot. 

"Sorry. But even if I wasn't working, I probably still wouldn't have wanted to go to be honest. I'm not a party girl in general, and if the party is at Rebecca Wyatt's house then it's a hard no." I said, making Tyler and Miles chuckle.

"I'm just sad you won't get to see Cole drunk. That's always a sight and an experience rolled up into one." Tyler said, smirking at his best friend, who looked genuinely offended.