Chapter 45

Noah and I enter the club hand in hand, Syd and Jackson trailing not far along behind us. Music is blasting at an ear-piercing volume, and multi-colored strobe lights flashing all around the room make the fish painted on the walls change colors, appearing as if they're swimming on the concrete.

We push through the crowd of sweaty bodies on the dance floor, up four little steps that lead us to the bar. Our IDs were checked at the entrance by security, and people who are eighteen or older got a red stamp on the back of their hands, indicating that they're the only ones allowed to buy alcohol. Since Syd and I are both still seventeen, Jackson and Noah take care of buying drinks for the four of us, and either the bartender doesn't find it suspicious that they each bought two drinks, or he doesn't care, which is the most likely option. Honestly, the whole system seems very easy to rig, and it appears the organizers know, but they seem to be fine with that knowledge as long as no one gets caught.

Though the clubs are reserved only for people traveling with Dream Travel Co. this place is packed. The dance floor, the DJ booth, and the bar are inside, but there's a small area outside which is currently occupied by smokers and people who seek a little more privacy.

"What are y'all waiting for? Let's go dance!" Syd shouts over the music as she takes Jackson's hand and drags him to the dance floor, disappearing from sight. Noah offers me his hand with a raised eyebrow and I down my drink before taking it, following him into the mass of dancers.

Dancing. Shots. More dancing. More shots. Noah and I keep up with this looping cycle for a while until we can no longer differentiate whether it's us or the room that's swaying to the beat. With my back to his front, he places his hands on my hips as we dance, pressed tightly against each other. I reach my hands back to tangle my fingers in his hair, tilting my head back as his mouth latches onto my neck. With eyes closed and lips parted I keep grinding against him, no longer sure if the heat I feel on my skin is because of the temperature inside the club or because of Noah's body pressed against mine.

He grabs my hand, spinning me around to face him, and I run my fingers down his chest before he grabs a fistful of my hair at the back of my neck, bringing me in for a sloppy and drunken kiss. My hands travel south of his abdomen and I pull him closer, hooking my fingers on the loops meant for his belt.

"You're making it very hard for me to keep my cool right now," he says, his speech slurred and his lips brushing against my ear.

"Who says I want you to?" I tease, my head thrown back as he trails kisses along my jaw, and I feel his devilish grin against my skin.

"MADDIE!" I hear someone shout, but I'm too lost in the moment to care.

"MADDISON!" I hear again, this time a little louder.

"Oh for fucks sake, what?" I turn to face Syd who keeps calling my name like a maniac. Noah stays behind me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders, resting his hands over my chest, waiting for Syd to leave so we can get back to our little bubble.

"Sorry for interrupting," Syd says giggling with heavy-lidded eyes.

"Just tell me," I sigh, rolling my eyes.

"I need you to come with me." She states.

"What, like, now?" I ask, gesturing to Noah with my head.

"Yeah, right now," she says, bouncing up and down anxiously like she's trying her hardest not to pee her pants.

I sigh deeply, turning to Noah, "Do you mind?" I ask.

"Of course not! You girls go have fun, I'll be right. Here." he says with a goofy smile, pointing at the ground and having trouble staying still.

"Are you sure? You seem a little out of it." I point out.