Chapter 1

I, Lily Strand, age 15, woke up in my bed. I threw some jeans and a gray tshirt on and ran downstairs where my two brothers, Tommy, 4, and Adam, 19, were making lunches. It didn't look like that at all. "What in the universe's name is that?" I asked the two who had just made something that smelled like rotten eggs and burnt toast. "It's your lunch!" Tommy said. "He made it for you."  Adam said. "Okay. Okay. Funny joke. But in case it's not a joke, I'm just going to bring five dollars to school so I won't be eating that." I told them, and grabbed my bookbag, along with the five dollars and ran out the door. "Later!" I yelled to the two, who waved through the window. My parents always go to work at five o'clock in the morning, because "Jerry" or "Melissa" is going to pick them up and they can't be late. Honestly I think that's just an excuse for making us breakfast, lunch, or dinner, which Adam does, as he watches Tommy all day. My parents get home at 10 o'clock. Either they have a busy schedule, or they're trying to torture me by leaving me with two brothers. Ugh. I lifted my wrist up to look at my watch, but only looked at pale skin. As I got on the bus I groaned to my best friend, Holly, "I left my watch at home. Is that good or bad?" I sat down next to her and she said, "Well, it's sorta good? Bad? I dunno." I wrapped my brown hair up into a ponytail and took out my phone and shook the Samsung S4 at her. "Well, I could use this I guess". We both laughed. I looked out the window and saw clear skies and no trees. I turned to Holly, about to tell her how nice today was, but hold the phone. If you want. No trees? The road to school always has trees around it. People were noticing the fact that we're not on ground. We're doing the opposite. We're sailing.