♤ Purity

[I wanna be your healing
I can be real good
Please don't get in your feelings]

Rebus couldn't concentrate at the meeting but it wasn't so important that he had to hear every words they spoke. Then what was the use of the assistant beside him? But then again the reason of his distraction was the missing person in the room and his conscious telling him to rush back home. Of course he hadn't left her home alone before to venture for business deals, not that he remembered. He was worried.

He tried to shrug these thoughts away.

After all the best of best men were stationed outside his home. No one would dare take a step forward. It was just the distance between them that was confusing him right now, he tried to cover his anxiousness.

The claps and roars of them brought him back to the present. He eyed all of them carefully, the triad had finally let down his guard as his piercing gaze was back to the normal hazel away from him. It was right for them to be cautious of him after all they knew how he was capable of emptying the room and smearing their blood all over the place. Not this time, he needed their influence and if he killed them now it was a pointless action since they had many loyal dogs under them.

"We will held a grand welcome party to you, Schwartz. Plenty of wine and blossoms to satisfy everyone tonight."

The headache was growing, now he had to stay here few more hours or maybe a day. He hated parties especially the ones made for his honour. Now he was suppose to enjoy this stupid party while his mind wanted to be with her.

His wife.

"Shall we head there?"

Boris eyes him with a smirk on his face. He just nodded as the men left the office to attend the 'welcome party'.

True to his words the room was filled with luxury. He had forgotten the numbers of people in here, it seemed Boris didn't only invite the heads but all the rich folks too probably to gain some amount of their wealth. Sly bastard.

He swirl the glass in his hand looking at the drink with a distaste. He wasn't much of a drinker.

"What's with the sour face?" A seductive voice whispered behind him, her breath fanning the back of his neck. He shivered. If there wasn't this much people here, he'd probably put a hole on her head.

When she got no reaction from him, she decided to walked in front him and his eyes widen slightly. He could never forget that face and figure. The sly smile plastered on her face infuriated him. What the hell was going here?

"Didn't you miss me or have you forgotten me?"

She pouted to make herself look cute and folded her arms making her breast pop up but he hardly looked at her as he turned his gaze away. She gripped his arm when he tried to walk away from her towards another group of men.

"What the fuck do you want?" His voice seethe with venom hating how he had to control his action right now.

"Oh come on Rebus, why are you so mad. I just want to have a chat with you." She extended her hold on him as she gripped on him with both her hands and rested her head on his shoulder. "I missed you immensely, being so far away from you had almost made me insane."