Chapter 1: Masterminds

??? POV:

"It's like they were walking down a path that no one had ever heard of before. The five people in this group were dangerous, but most of all mysterious." He looked at me, quietly speaking.

"So? This isn't helping me. Why are you speaking so weirdly?" I asked.

"You tell me, you're the cop here after all." Mr. Black looked at me amusingly and smirked, "Listen here sir. I am no match to those five but I do have information. What's in it for me?"

I sighed, "What do you want; Money?" I scoffed looking away, "I am not made of money Mr. Black I'll have you know."

He sighed deeply, "5,000. 1,000 dollars per person, is that fine?"

"Yes, now please tell." I insist.

"Now first we have; Alexander. He's the Ace of Spades. He has a lot of connections. He is probably the most important out of the five. This group uses him to distract people, chit chat and all that stuff. He's American.
Now second; Julius. He's the King of Hearts. He is used to be romantic. He's weirdly attractive as people say anyone will fall for him at a glance. That's his specialty. He is from France.
Now the third; Jina. She's the Jack of all Trades, or Clubs, and the only female. Most people favor her for her beauty and her intelligence. She creates all of their technology and weapons. Jina is from Japan.
Now the fourth, Derek. He is the Queen of Diamonds, he chose to be queen because he thought it was funny. Derek is also very intelligent, and he is no joke when it comes to testing the other members. He has the most strength out of the group. He's from Germany.
Last but not least, Ashton or more known as Ash. Nobody knows anything about him but his name. He is the leader of the group." He gasped for small air as he talked so much.

"Why the actual hell do they base themselves off of a deck of cards? It's stupid. You're joking with me right? What do they even call themselves?" I asked multiple questions.

"They base themselves off of cards because they act like it. Alexander has connections, Julius distracts others, Jina builds everything they have, Derek is strict, while Ash is unknown. Don't you see? They piece together so well that Ash is not known from any source." Mr. Black looked at me in a way that I had to take a moment and think.

"Okay. Thank you very much for the information. But still..What do they call themselves?" I looked back up at him.

He started to stare deeply into my eyes and intertwined his fingers together,

"Masterminds."

———————————————————————

MICHAEL'S POV:
(Michael is ???)

"Michael." I turned around to one of my current teammates, Jade.

"Yes?" I smiled, my day has already been complicated so I might as well brighten it up.

"Sheriff wants to see you, after that we have to catch up to this most recent case. Bye." She walked by after patting my shoulder and left.

I rushed to sheriffs' office. He is scary.
"Yes sir?"

"I'm somewhat angry as of now Michael." He paused for a long second, which felt like hours.
"Why are you trying to go after them?"

I gave him a confused look, I am a cop and I have to go after many people. It's not really my fault, "Do you mean Masterminds sir?"

He had his fist clenched together and nodded,  "Michael. As my son I expected much better from you. You are dismissed." He picked up a stack of paper work and sighed as I walked out.

I took a long breathe before going back to Jade, and I spaced out immediately. I knew my dad was right, and I had to admit that. He knows that I'm not strong enough to go against them and that's just the problem; Me.

I had always tried so hard to please everyone else that I forgot about me. Jade is there for me sometimes but I can't really say that she is as she's always busy.

"chael—Michael!"

I shook my head and looked up to see my other teammate, Jun.
(A/N: Here's some information on Jun.

Jun is from South Korea but doesn't talk about it as he was abandoned. Michael and Jun have been friends since they were 7, and 6. Jun is younger than Michael. Jun always trys to stay positive and is the mom of the group. He will never tell your secrets or betray you; unless you do the same to him. He is 5'11, and he has long black hair that covers his eyes, due to him have very light brown eyes and is insecure about it.)

"Are you okay? I was calling your name for a while now. Does it have to do with your dad?" Jun asked. I looked at him and I could tell that he already knew the answer.

"Yeah, like usual I guess. Can I...can I trust you, Jun?" I trailed off mid-sentence.

"Of course. After all we live together and have been friends since we were young." Jun replied

"I'm going to be taking the case for Masterminds." I spat it out, hoping that he wouldn't get mad.

"W—What!?" He looked shocked, "No-no-no-no-no-no! Absolutely not, do you know how dangerous that is? What if you get hurt and I'm not there? Do you remember last time you left without me and broke your left arm. Yes, I remember that because you were crying!" Jun exclaimed. The look of worry and mad covered his face and he tried to stay quiet.

"Jun it's okay, you can come with me. If you want to that is." I said.

He took a moment to consider it, but he only sighed. Probably dissatisfied. "Fine, but only on one condition!"

"Okay..." I waited for an answer.

"We bring weapons." He held in his laugh until I got the joke.

"Haha, dummy we have to take weapons anyways we're cops." I laughed.

"I know, I know. We should probably get back to work now." He smiled, hugging me before walking away.

"I'm sorry Jun." I muttered under my breathe.