Chapter 74: Pool Party

Start from the beginning

They both seized him by the arms and hurled him down to the pool.

It took him a whole worthwhile moment to realize what had come upon him and he almost breathed in a lung full of pool water. "Mina-yah!" Jimin screamed as he broke to the top, sputtering water out of his mouth. "AHH! Help! I'll get you all back! How could you, babe? GET BACK HERE--" His eyes landed like a dart on a target at Chaeyoung. "HEY, YOU SHORTY! I'M TALKING TO YOU!" He fastly paddled to the nearest ladder, his paddles so tiny that it might as well have taken him another minute to grab hold. 

But, perversely, he had called upon his doom. Soon as she heard the word "Shorty," Chaeyoung swung back, her face flushing crimson. He only gave her a what?-it's-true shrug and that lit a deadly spark behind her brown pupils. Best friend's man or not, he was gonna die. Fortunately for her, she was standing by the rack that held the pool noodles. Her blood slowly warmed up with her desire to seek revenge for that one insecurity she was trying to get over. She grabbed two, ensuring quickly they were ones without rips. She weighed them on her hands, testing the firmness of the foam tubes, and, muscles tensing as they stretched back, aimed them at Jimin like she was throwing javelins. 

Shwip! Shwip! they went, knifing through the moist atmosphere. 

One crashed right into his left shoulder. "Shorty, you--!" Jimin yelped. The other rammed him smack dab in the middle of his face, catching him off-guard, knocking him back down. His body sank to the bottom again.

Snap! Mina took a picture. "Ooh, talk about perfect timing!" she vocalized, laughing a nasal laugh. Her fists waved around like a little kid's but she snatched her arms back to her arms when the air shifted across her damp skin. "Come look, Chaeng!" she squealed, trying to keep her teeth from chattering. 

"Damn!" said Bam Bam, coming up from Chaeyoung. "Put it on all your group chats."

"Zip it, you flat ('a' word) twerp!" Jimin said, struggling to keep his anger in check in front of his girlfriend. He cupped his hands and dipped them into the warm water, splashing a whole lot at Bam Bam.

"Sure will!" Mina chirped, clearly excited--or more than excited--to be doing the honor of bugging her boyfriend for a change, not the other way around like it always has been.

"And Instagram," Chaeyoung said, scowling down at Jimin who was still glaring back at her from the pool. "Let all your one-k followers see it--Hold up!"

"What?"

"You started a new blog page, didn't you?"

Mina immediately looked up from her phone, the whites of her eyes augmenting to her expression. A large smile slithered onto her face like a sly snake. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I'm sure," Chaeyoung proudly nodded and her nose twitched when she looked back at the guy in the pool. His hair was pasted onto his face as if stuck on there with tape, and since they hadn't thrown him into the deeper part of the pool, he was able to stand on his feet. Water skated down his well-defined abs, glistening in the lights of the indoor pool. Chaeyoung would've almost thought of him as hot if he wasn't that gifted at getting under everyone's skin. Watch who you call short next time, she thought. . . . If there is a next time. 

"Do it, Minari," said Bam Bam.

"Don't you dare!" Jimin roared at Mina, furiously rubbing his eyes where the chlorine aggravated his cornea's protective tear film.

But she turned around for him to see the screen and began showing him as she posted it on all her social media accounts one by one, first she Snap Chat story, then Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and finally on her blog page. "I'll write about it later and then post it," she told him. "You'll be famous, Chim."