MELODY 25

┏ 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 ┐

Adam was sitting in front of him, fiddling with his phone before a sigh escaped him. Bryan raised his eyebrows before looking back at his laptop. The Events & Festivals Team was about to have their meeting but for some reason today, some of the members were running late. He tossed an unamused glance at one of the empty seat; the treasurer, Amelia who was supposed to be here ten minutes ago. He wasn't surprised Raj was late. Somehow from the little moments he had known him, the man was his own pace kind of guy. He glanced at the empty spot next to Adam. It was surprising Sasha hadn't arrived yet, however. She was one of the punctual ones.

Another sigh caught his attention. Lifting his eyes from glaring at the empty seats to look at Adam, he leaned into his chair.

"What's wrong?" Bryan asked when Adam furrowed his eyebrows at his phone. "Adam."

"Nothing." It didn't sound like nothing judging by his gruff voice. Definitely didn't sound like nothing when his friend slammed his phone, screen down, on the table before he wiped a hand down his face. When Bryan met his eyes, Adam simply reiterated, "Nothing."

"Right," he said, drawling. "That's why you almost cracked your phone in half."

Adam groaned under his breath as he tossed his head back, sinking lower into his chair. "Where are the others?"

Deciding he would pry what was wrong out of his friend later, he allowed the subject change. "I don't know," Bryan said, frowning. "Especially Sasha. I wonder what's taking them so long."

"Sasha's not coming," Adam said, his voice a low murmur.

"What?" Bryan waited until the pink-haired man ducked his head so he was looking at him in the face properly to raise his eyebrows. A little alarmed at her absence, he said, "She never misses a meeting. She's the VP."

"I know," Adam said, drumming his fingers on the table. "But whatever, we'll do fine without her. You're making meeting notes, anyway. She can read them later."

There was something off in his voice and he wasn't sure why that was. The alarm transformed into uneasiness. Something had happened, hadn't it? He searched his friend's face but he was only getting a blank canvas in return. Thinning his lips, Bryan opened his mouth to speak only to be stopped when Adam's phone vibrated before a ringtone echoed in the room. Adam turned his phone to face him before he slammed his phone down, letting the ringing tone to go unanswered.

Something was definitely wrong.

"Sorry!" Amelia said as she bustled into the meeting room, panting. Her hair was a mess and her makeup was slightly caked from the sweat. "My lecture ran late."

"No worries," Adam said, voice flat. "We can start the meeting now."

"What about Raj?" Amelia asked. "Sasha?"

"Sasha's not coming," Adam said. "And Raj can go fuck himself for always being late."

Silence washed into the scene at the harsh words. Exchanging looks with Amelia, he could only shrug. He didn't know why Adam was behaving as such either. A little awkwardly, the meeting began. Raj came in five minutes into it, setting off a horrible chain of events as Bryan watched at him getting chewed out by Adam. At the end of the meeting, everyone was on edge.

Amelia had scurried off with a promise to be on time next time the second the meeting was adjourned. Raj had simply tossed an expletive at Adam before he grabbed his things and left. Gently closing his laptop, he stood up, shoving the device into his bag. When he glanced at the pink-haired man, said man had placed his head on his arms.