31.

Kio and Alice had picked up her car the next morning and from then on everything continued as usual.

Work, work, work out, bake, read.

She was still talking with Jaden frequently; he often texted her updates.

He also texted when they started their trip home in Texas so that Alice knew that he was okay.

It wasn't strange for him to not answer her for hours and that was fine with Alice but when Josh texted her. It got real, real fast. 

---------------------

✴✩  𝒥🏵𝓈𝒽𝓎  ✩✴

Joshy
Alice?

Joshy
Do you like road-trips?

Allie
What happened?

Joshy
Please don't kill the
messenger

Allie
Josh...

Joshy
Bryce got arrested.

Allie
Welp. What did he do?

Joshy
possession of Marijuana

Allie
Do we know anything?

Joshy
Not yet.
There's something else...

Allie
I knew it!

Joshy
They got Jaden too.
It's not looking good.

Allie
Give me the address.

---------------------

Alice was in a frenzy. She packed a bag of clothes and showered, not knowing how long she would be there.

She decided to bring the stuff that she had baked the evening before, so that they could eat while waiting.

Alice quickly texted in her work group chat.

---------------------

message group chat
4 participants

ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴅᴜꜱᴛʀʏ & ᴄᴏ

Alice
I know that it's very
short notice but a 
friend of mine got in 
trouble. In Texas.

Eva
I got it!

Nzinga
Don't worry about work.
Help your Friend and 
tell us when you're back

Alice
Thank you guys!
I will. I don't know how
long it'll take

Nzinga
It's fine

Thankful for her relaxed work partners Alice got in her car and typed the address Josh had given her into her GPS-system.

---------------------

Twenty hours of driving don't seem like a lot until you do it.

At least is this how it felt like to Alice. She only took short breaks to use the toilet or when she needed to move for a second.

She was way to stressed to think about eating or drinking. Seeing as she usually doesn't drink enough either, her lips were chapped.

And on that drive, she picked up a bad habit that she had worked so hard to overcome. Alice started to bite the side of her fingers.

It was a nervous habit she had picked up in one of the German families.

---------------------

When she finally arrived she was tired of driving and Alice was cold. That morning she decided to wear a jeans-skirt with a white t-shirt and one of Jaden's flannels that he had forgotten in her apartment.

 That morning she decided to wear a jeans-skirt with a white t-shirt and one of Jaden's flannels that he had forgotten in her apartment

It was already light out when she arrived. It was eight am here in Texas while in California it would be around six am now.

Just two more hours and then she would've been awake for twenty-four hours. She did that a lot, but her day only consisted out of driving.

The first people she saw were Josh and Quinton. She grabbed her purse and ran towards them, hugging them close to her

 It looked funny, Alice had to jump to get her arm around Josh's shoulder and Qunnie was taller than her too so it looked like she was floating because they held her up.

With them was someone that she didn't know yet. He introduced himself as Blake to her, he seemed really nice.

When she thought about it, Blake seemed a lot like Bryce; all hard on the outside, both really buff but they had cute laughs and smiles, and to be honest, Bryce was really soft on the inside he just keeps that to himself and to the people close to him.

When Alice brought out the cake Blake got so excited that he hugged her and twirled her around like a little girl.

They ate in the van that the boys arrived with, laughing and joking but you could see the worry and fear on their faces.

Nothing happened for a very long time, it was nerve taking, sitting in the car outside of a sheriff's department while your friends were inside.

Alice hoped that they knew that they were there for them. At some point, she fell asleep in the back of the little bus, next to Quinton.

Blake had brought them to a hotel where they decided to share a room. The room itself was simple, there were two double beds next to each other.

"Alice are you okay with sharing with Blake?"

"Sure."

It made the most sense, Blake was buff, like already stated and Alice was the smallest out of them.

The night was tense, not because they were uncomfortable around each other but because they were waiting for a phone call.