Chapter 33.

I couldn't sleep that night, my brain wasn't allowing me to. Every time my eyes would briefly close to relieve the pain and soreness from being open too long, my internal mind would snap me awake. My eyes felt heavy but I wasn't able to reach and unconscious state of sleep that my body desperately needed.

My bottom was still stinging and sore from the spanking Harry had given me earlier. True to his words, there had been cream under the counter for the burning sensation, but it didn't help too much. It was the emotional pain that fueled the physical pain to worsen as the hours ticked by.

I thought that I had finally broken a small barrier to Harry when we kissed. Learning that I was his first kiss opened a small door into the world that was Harry Styles. But after the beating he gave me, it was as if the door had been slammed and dead bolted shut, just like one that was down the hall from me.

I still wonder what could be hidden in there, or if there was even anything in there. What am I saying? Of course there is something in there, why would he just dead bolt a door locked for no reason. Maybe its drugs or weapons, or even worse dead bodies. I shook my head trying to clear my mind from my crazy imagination.

My body tossed and turned, trying to find a comfortable spot on the mattress. I didn't even bother putting on the shorts that had gone with the shirt to my pajama set. My underwear were already causing a stinging sensation on my bottom so wearing the shorts was almost pointless.

Finally, my body found a comfortable spot of the other side of the bed. I let my body roll on my side so it wasn't rubbing against my backside. I let out a sigh of relief hoping that finally I would be able to fall asleep in peace. I curled my legs up and forced my eyes closed.

But since luck is never in my favor and because irony decided it wasn't done with me just yet, footsteps from down the hall were stomping their way to my room. I groaned inwardly knowing Harry will coming bursting through the door and I don't think I have it in me to fight with him so late at night.

I forced my eyes shut and pretended to be sleeping as the rattle of the door knob filled the silent room. My breathing fell into a forced steady pattern as the creak of the door filled my ears followed by harsh breaths. He was here. His breathing filled the room as to what I assumed he was standing in the doorway.

It was quiet for a moment as I was fake sleeping and he stood at the door. His footsteps pounded against the floor and towards the bed. The other side of the bed dipped down from the weight and it was then I could sense how close his body was to mine. What did he want?

"Arabella" he whispered. I heard his breathing raggedly inhale as I continued to close my eyes. "Please Ara, I know you are up" he said making my breath hitch.

I laid there for a minute going over my options. I could either open my eyes and face him, knowing that he is only here to talk about what happened earlier, or I could continue to ignore him but may face the chances of angering him. But, from what happened last time I do not want that so I'll go with the first option instead.

My eyes opened as my vision cleared and focused on his face. He was sweaty, very sweaty. Why is he sweaty? His chest was still naked with the exceptions of his necklaces and instead of a pair of jeans, his lower body was covered in a pair of basketball shorts with the band of his boxers peeking out the top. If I knew any better I would say he looked hot, but it wasn't the time to be thinking like that.

His breath hitched and he watched me for a moment, trying to read my face but I refused. I kept my neutral expression solid as he failed to figure out my emotions. It was weird to see him like this, so nervous and unprepared. Usually he knows exactly what I am thinking before I even do, but not now.