Tired🤍

You woke up to the birds chirping loudly from outside and rolled over to expect your blonde boyfriend sleeping peacefully beside you.

Nope, no one there. 

You frowned and took in your surroundings of JJ's room in his chateau. His father has been out of town for a week, thank god, so you've been staying with JJ until he gets back (which was in another week). JJ usually lies in lazily until around half 11 so you were shocked when you checked the time to find out that it was as early as 5 in the morning. 

Getting up slowly with squinting eyes, you slipped on one of JJ's shirts on the back of his chair and headed to find him. 

He had left the door open for the chateau to air in the hot weather since you complain every morning about it being too stuffy. He'd always roll his eyes when you groaned at the heat but sure enough, he did something about it.

You smiled to yourself at the thought of his sassiness and made your way out onto the porch. 

And there he was, wearing only shorts, his shirtless back tensing every time he moved. He was working on a car, but why this early? You knew he had a lot of work to do but you didn't expect him to be up at this time.

He's gonna wear himself out, you thought. 

You walked over to where he was leaning over the car hood, various tools surrounding him, and admired him for just a second. 

"Hey baby?" you said after a while in a sort of curious tone, putting your small hand on his back and rubbing it softly.

You stood to the side of him, slightly behind since you didn't want to distract him or cause any issues. 
He turned his head around and smiled.

"Hey" he replied quietly, leaning in to peck you on the lips before turning back round and continuing with his mechanical work. He scooted slightly left to pick up a tool, his back in line with your face. 

"What are you doing up so early?" You questioned, gently wrapping your arms around his torso and placing a couple of small kisses to his bare skin.  "Dads coming back earlier so I gotta get this done quickly" 

You frowned. "How much earlier?" 

The tool made several clicks as he twisted it before he spoke.

"He'll be home Monday instead of Wednesday" 

"Dammit" you huffed, barely audible, and rested the side of your head on his back. 

"There's no fucking escaping him" he chuckled forcefully, but you knew he was serious and just trying to cover his worry.

"Can I help you?" You asked him, releasing yourself from around his torso and standing beside him. He clipped a wire before dropping the tool and turning towards you, running his large hands through his soft blonde hair.

"Nah it's alright baby, you go back to sleep" he smiled, his hands moving to rest on the waistline of his shorts, exposing his muscular biceps.  You walked towards him and placed your hands on his chest before running them up and connecting behind his neck. 

"I'm sure Bob the Builder accepted some help with his work" you joked, earning a chuckle from JJ.

His hands made their way from his waist onto yours, pulling you in to him. 

"Yeah well Bob the Builder didn't have a hot girlfriend distracting him over the last couple days"
he shot back. 

"All the more reason to let me help you" you smiled, your fingers weaving into his hair before moving to the hair at the front of his face, softly pushing it away. 

He closed his eyes, enjoying the relaxing feeling, and you carried on for a little longer in comfortable silence. 

"You're so tired" you finally whispered, causing him to flutter his eyes open drearily. 

"I'll be alright" 

You knew it was only a matter of time before JJ broke down again because of the lack of sleep, so you were going to do everything in your power to support him. He tried to act as if everything was fine and he'd deal with it all, but you noticed his loss of bubbly energy. 

You cupped his cheeks and went onto your tip toes, placing a kiss to his lips. He responded, moving his hands to your hair-covered jawline, his lips in sync with yours. 

You pulled away the tiniest bit, JJ's nose just touching yours. 

"Please let me help you" you whispered, "You're working too hard" 

He gave you a tired smile and nodded.  "Maybe a beer?" 

"There's the JJ I know" you smiled back, pecking his lips again. "Coming right up Sir!" You childishly saluted, making JJ laugh. 

"Thanks baby" he said as you walked away to get a beer out the fridge. 

——————————————————————————— 
You returned with JJ's beer to find him with his head in his hands, elbows resting on the car hood. 

"JJ what's wrong?" You rushed over to him, placing his beer on the little table beside him and rubbing his back. 

"I just don't know how to fix the fucking thing! Dads gonna come home and this shit is STILL gonna be broken and all he's gonna do it hit me and call me a useless piece of shit" he cried, picking up a tool in front of his face and throwing it into the hood. 

You jumped and rubbed his back quicker.

"You're not useless at all baby, he's-" you began to say before JJ interrupted you. 

"I am though Y/N! This is a simple job and I can't fucking do it" he rubbed his eyes. 

"Look at me" you demanded, your hand moving to his hand that gripped his face.

He didn't. 

"JJ look at me" you repeated, squeezing his hand.  He looked at you with red, tired eyes. "We're gonna get this shit done okay? I'm gonna call the others and get them to help out and-" you started to form an idea. 

"No I don't want their help I-" 

"JJ, I'm calling the others and we're all gonna work together to fix this stupid thing today" you told him, picking up the tool he threw into the hood and placing it in his bag with the rest of them. 

"You can't wake them up at this time" he commented.

You moved your hand from his and pushed another lot of hair away from his face. It was growing so long, but you loved it.  "Then I'll call them a little later on and you can rest up until they arrive okay?" you smiled at him, holding into his bicep to gently pull him away from his work. 

He didn't reply, just allowed you to lead him back inside slowly. He yawned when he saw the bed and sat at the end of it.

You got in, tapping at the space beside you. He took off his shorts and climbed in next to you, his arms going around your waist and his head resting on your chest. 

You began scratching his back softly, which you knew he loved, and sure enough he drifted off to sleep. You followed shortly after, content with knowing your friends will come and help JJ out to end his worry.