Chapter 7: Freshers party

Songs for this chapter:
Us- James Bay
Shape of you- Ed sheeran
Savage love- Jason Derulo

The class went great, each lecturer introduced himself and afterwards they just explained the basics to us. Rules, regulations, syllabus content and all. Although the first day was only just about basics, things were only going to get tougher in the future. Soon it was lunch time, Tyson went to the library to get some books while Kate and I were walking towards the cafeteria to save us a table. I was texting Yann about how my day is going . He was ecstatic that I made new friends but at the same time he was acting weird. Is something wrong?

We entered the vast cafeteria and found most of the tables occupied. Kate pointed towards an empty table that could seat three people in the corner of the cafeteria and since all the other tables nearby were already taken we went and sat there. After getting our food, Kate starts eating but my thoughts were filled with only one person, Yann.

 I need to know what he's doing. So, I decide to call him instead of texting.

"Why do you need to know Nadia?" My stupid conscience adds and I mentally roll my eyes.

"Hello." he says and I could hear a lot of noises on the other side.

"Hey you, What's up?" I say, trying to start the conversation.

"I'm out right now." he sounds so different. What's wrong with him?

"Oh, are you going somewhere?" I raise my eyebrow slightly while taking a bite of my burger.

"Yes." He shrugs 

"Alone?" I couldn't help but ask. I need to know.

"No. I'm going to meet someone." 

"A girl?" I didn't realize when and why the words came out of my mouth. I immediately regret it.

"Yes, why are you just asking so many questions?" His tone is a little harsh.

"What?" Is he being sarcastic, serious or did he woke up in a bad mood today?

"Do I have a life on my own?" He snaps

"I am just trying to figure out what's the matter with you." I defend. "You know, just enjoy your day with whoever you are while I am returning back to my uni work. And I am sorry for taking an interest in your daily life."

"I am alone. That's enough now." He finally says. What the hell is his problem? Why did he have to do all this drama? All I did was to ask him a simple question. I had an amazing day and the last thing I want to do is fight with him.

"I don't want to talk to you." I tell him and hang up. I direct my attention to the ceiling of the cafeteria and stay quiet. There are fifty five panels on the ceiling and twenty screws holding them up.

"Nadia, forget about it. Come let's go to the Freshers party." Kate squeals.

"Sorry..what?..What Party?" I say coming out of my lost thoughts about Yann.

"Since we are freshers, our seniors are organizing a party to welcome us. Come on let's gooo pleasee!!!" Kate pouts.

"Fine let's go." I say. Maybe that will cheer me up after the mess that happened with Yann. We went out of the cafeteria to find Tyson and then the three of us went to that so called Freshers party which was being held in the hall of the university.

The whole dance floor glowed with red and green lasers beams shooting out from the rotating lights in the ceiling. The hall was packed with people dancing and jumping to the DJ's throbbing music. I cleared my throat and looked around, few low lives staring at me, some smirking knowingly. I raised a brow and continue walking through the crowd with Kate and Tyson.