Two

I'm not entirely sure when, but somewhere between me basically telling Stiles to stop being a little bitch and arguing over which Spider-Man was best- which in my humble opinion it was The Amazing Spider-Man- we ended up on the couch watching the Harry Potter movies.

As Stiles was putting in the third movie, I hit him up with some Harry Potter film trivia. "Did you know they got a new Dumbledore after the second movie?"

"What?" He asked in shock, apparently new to this information. "I never knew that!"

"It's true," I said. "It's because the original Dumbledore, Richard Harris, died after filming the third movie so they replaced him with Michael Gambon for the rest of the films."

"Is that why Dumbledore was so lazy in the first two then after that he was all over the place?"

I nodded, pressing play. Stiles rejoined me on the couch, except this time he sat a little closer than before. I didn't mind though.

About a fourth of the way in to the movie, I scooted closer to Stiles. I think he noticed because he put the arm closest to me around the back of the couch, as though inviting me to come closer. I tentatively scooted towards him, unsure of how close I should get.

With about an inch or two of space left between us on the black couch, Stiles abruptly shot up off the couch and into the air. "I ran out of popcorn," he claimed, running into the kitchen.

I paused the movie so he wouldn't miss any of the sexual tension between the golden trio that consisted of Harry, Hermione and Ron. I also took the liberty of scooting back to my end of the couch, telling myself that me sitting close to Stiles made him uncomfortable.

A few minutes later, Stiles returned to the couch with two blankets and a bag of popcorn. "I figured you would want one since it's freezing in here," he explained, laying one of the two brown fluffy ballets on my lap before pouring the popcorn into the yellow plastic bowl that was sitting on the coffee table.

"Thank you," I told him as I wrapped the blanket around my body. I hadn't realized how cold it was in Derek's loft.

Once we were both settled again, I pressed play, returning our attention to the wizarding world of Harry Potter. We were at the part where Hermione punched Draco when I caught Stiles staring at me. When I turned to look at him, he tried to play it off by quickly turning his face towards the screen. I smiled a bit before doing the same.

---

"If you could be any character in Harry Potter, who would you be and why?" I asked Stiles as he stood up to put in the fifth movie- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

"Probably Harry," he answered, "because he gets a lot of recognition and that's something I want but never get."

Stiles' answer made me want to give him a pep talk about how recognition isn't everything and how it's sometimes good to be the Ron Wesley and blah blah blah, but too much time had passed for me to say anything without it being awkward.

"What about you?" Stiles asked.

"I'd want to be Hermione because she ends up making out with Ron Wesley," I told him with the most serious face I could muster. Stiles made a face that could replace the one on the "not bad" meme in response.

Halfway through the fifth movie, my eyelids started growing heavier every time I blinked until I had eventually succumbed to the beauty that is sleep.

---

I woke up to the sound of a door being slammed and the Harry Potter theme song playing. I turned off the TV and turned to say something to Stiles, but I couldn't as he had fallen asleep. His head rested on his hands and his body was scrunched up so his head was in the middle of the couch next to where mine had been.