PHT 11: Dolled Up for Homecoming

Pink Haired Triplets - Chapter 11
Dolled Up for Homecoming 

Saturday afternoon, Calliden’s best friend came over to help her get ready. Allison Davis loved getting all dolled up, and she loved getting Cal dressed up even more. So when Cal told her about Alex’s homecoming, Allison invited herself over, bringing with her a huge bag of makeup and other such things to torture Cal with.

“Oh come on, is this really necessary?” Cal pleaded as Allison scooted across the bed, holding a tube of mascara.

“Yes, It is. Now stop moving,” Allison instructed, waving her hand around in front of Cal’s face.

“I think I can put my own mascara on,” Cal said, reaching out to grab the mascara from her friend’s hand.

“Not as good as I can,” Allison said, moving the makeup out of her reach. “I am going to make you look beautiful.”

“Alex told me I’d look good no matter what,” Cal said pointedly.

“Aww, why do you always get the perfect guys?” Allison gushed.

“Allie! How many times am I going to have to tell you that we’re just going as friends? Therefore, I didn’t ‘get’ him.” Cal said, starting to sound exasperated. She had reminded her friend several times that afternoon, already, that she and Alex were just friends. Nothing more; no desire to be anything more.

“Yeah, yeah,” Allison said, shaking her head. She was always convinced that Cal got all the boys, even though Cal tried to tell her otherwise.

With Allison’s fair skin, straight blonde hair, and bright green eyes, the two girls couldn’t be more different. Besides, Allie almost always had a boyfriend, so Cal wasn’t sure why her best friend felt that she never got the guys.

Cal leaned back against her pillows, allowing Allison to do whatever she wanted to her face. She just wanted to close her eyes and fall asleep, yet she found a way to fight the feeling and kept her eyes open.

Cal had been napping when Allison arrived, but awoke to help pick out a dress. They both agreed that Cal should wear a dark purple dress, mainly because it had a strap from the top center of the dress to one shoulder, which would cover the port in Cal’s chest. The material was gathered at her chest and then fell loosely to just above Cal’s knees. 

Cal ran her hands through her hair absentmindedly, thinking about how tired she was. “Calliden!” Allison exclaimed. Oops. Allie had just finished styling Cal’s hair minutes before she began on the makeup. In Cal’s opinion, the pinkness of her hair would outshine any hairstyle, but Allison had insisted. Luckily, the pulled-back, perfectly styled, curls were not damaged, or else Allison probably would have murdered her best friend right there in her own bedroom.

“You ready?” Allison asked, standing up and setting her makeup down.

“Yeah. What time is it?” Cal asked, slowly standing up.

“It is 6:30.” Allison said, grabbing Cal’s hand and pulling her behind her. “We don’t want to keep Alex waiting do we?” Allie asked as she quickly led Cal down the stairs.

When the girls got to the bottom of the stairs, they found Alex waiting uncomfortably, just inside the front door. “Cal!” He exclaimed, a smile on his face.

“Hey Alex,” Cal greeted her date, before turning to her brother. “Cam, why didn’t you tell me he was here?” She questioned.

“He was too busy interrogating me, I guess.” Alex said.