The Vampires Pet - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I lay on my side, staring down at the sleeping form of Hallie, her long hair splayed over the beanbag. Deep even breaths escaped her lips as she dreamed. My heart thudered hard against my chest painfully. This was a bad idea. I shouldn't have let her sleep so close. Not with these uncertain feelings bubbling around my very being. I was mesmerised by her. My fingers tingled unwillingly from the gentleness of her skin.

This had to stop. I had a reputation to protect. 

With a low growl I flipped myself over on the other side of the bed and tried my hardest to sleep. When I woke, I had to be harsher with her. 

Although when I did wake after only a few hours of sleep, I was still unresolved. Pushing the covers away, I stood and stalked off into my office. Lowering myself into the chair, I stared at the blank pale walls of the office and pondered ideas. 

But still, I was back to square one. After so many years of living, I hadn't felt so... at ease?... with a woman. Sure I had relationships and thought I was in love. But the feel of Hallie when she sat upon my lap in the Limo felt so much different. The bright light of Hallie's aura seemed to push away those women's faces and bring me out of the darkness. Yet still, she was human. Why couldn't she have been born a vampire? Life would be so much easier and I would have been free to court her. But life was harsh and Hallie was human, my pet, off limits and a temptation with the threat of death should I fall. 

She was vermin amongst my kind. 

But to me she wasn't vermin at all. To compare her to a rat should be treason on the very thought. The beauty of her, of her personality, had my legs wanting to give way so I could worship her. 

True, I'd seen women who was more beautiful than her. But the innocence of her face and the warmth of her smile allured me deeply.

Remembering the sight of her standing there in just her underwear, her bra full with creamy flesh and the hour glass curve of her body, my body hardened with need. 

I shook my head as I heard the alarm clock in the bedroom sound six PM. Getting up, I found myself wandering back into the room where she slept - or where she began to wake. 

"We're expecting company in a few hours." I said to her, trying to be harsh yet my voice was soft. "I need to feed."

Looking at her as she sat up, her golden hair fell messily down her back as her lips parted into an O shape. Silently, she stood and awaited me. 

Stalking over to her, I grabbed my warm body more gentle than I should have and pulled her closer to me. The scent of her blood had my fangs aching as I inhaled the alluring scent of Spring coated by the dominant odur of freshly squeezed blueberries. Oh and was that blueberry scent dominant, intoxicating my senses. 

With a growl, I sank my teeth into the pulsing vein in her neck and let the blood flow against my tongue. AB- blood was rich and intoxicating alone, but added with the hint of blueberry... undescribable. 

I drank deeply until suddenly, Hallie's feet buckled beneath her and she fell against me. Pulling my teeth back, I pulled her face up towards my own and saw that she'd passed out. I took too much blood from her, alarm washing over me as her face paled. 

Without thought or feeling, I dragged her up into my arms and pressed her down on the bed. Biting my wrist I let the blood flow into her mouth and rubbed her throat until it fell down her throat. Careful not to give her too much, only enough to bring her strength back without risk of her changing, I stayed there until the colour came back in her face. 

Drawing my wrist away from her mouth, I lightly wiped away the blood from her soft mouth and stared at her. Feelings unknown, my mouth lowered towards her own and hovered there for a while. 

Growling furiously, I pulled back and stormed out of the room and punched the wall thunderously until blood welled against my fist. 

Too damn close!

I should just get rid of her and wash my hands of her. Yet, with a silent snarl from the beast inside, I went back in and watched her from across the room until she woke. As her eyes cracked open, I stalked over to the bed and leaned over her. 

She looked so vulnerable as she stared up at me, unsure and confused. Bringing my lips down, I lightly touched my own against hers. A gasp escaped her lips and I used that as an opputunity to lock my mouth more firmly against hers. As her lips melded with mine, a small growl rumbled in my chest. I tenderly kissed her a little deeper as I patiently taught her how to kiss. If she was a virgin... surely she'd been kissed before? Catching on, her kisses became more confindent and progressed from there until our tongues danced together in sync. 

Cupping her face, I deepened the kiss until it became hard and my need poured into her. Her hands threaded into my short hair like a caress as she matched my hardened kiss, her lips red and a little swollen. Pulling back from her, I stared deep within those bright, ice blue eyes.

"This is wrong."

She looked up at me sadly, "I know."

"I can't stop." I whispered, lowering my lips but not touching. 

"Don't." She breathed and arched her face until her lips brushed my own. 

Moaning with need I kissed her again until my head spun and my fists bunched at the the material of her top until I pulled it straight off her, baring those creamy breasts to my sight. Pulling back from the kiss I stared down at her with hunger, my hand reaching out to stroke up and down the curve of her waist until my hands cupped her breasts in a caress. Lowering my mouth down, I licked between her breasts. A moan escaped Hallie's mouth as I gently took her nipple in my mouth, rolling the tight bud around my fangs. A groan of my own simmered from my chest until desire washed over my very being. 

Urgently pulling my boxers off, I freed myself and lay atop of her. Poised to enter, I began gently nudging my way inside her until I found her virginity. 

Looking up at Hallie's face, I saw the tension and the uncertainty in her face. Too fast. She wasn't ready. With a sudden snarl I threw myself away from her and I left the room panting yet burning for more.