Chapter- 5

Vin's POV-

Why I'm thinking of him? It's been one week, but he never came back to see me again. Am I just a casual friend to him?

Today I'll go to school after so long. My studies will be different. I'll give two annual exams. One for this year and one for the previous two years.

The Principal allowed me to sit in with my fellow classmates from before. Maybe having a family friend as your school principal is helpful in many ways.

I was eagerly waiting to meet him. I will ask him directly.

As I get down from the car in my school's parking lot many students recognized me. Obviously, I was the star student of my school. Every teacher loved me and students admired me. I'm not exaggerating it. It was true. But I think it has changed.

***********

In the class, everyone was giving special attention. I was thankful that they were trying to make me comfortable but I was feeling more uncomfortable with it.

"He must be very hurt. Vin doesn't even remember him." Someone said from behind. I pretend not to hear them.

"Are talking about Alex?" Some other one asked.

"Yes, he was waiting for him for 2 years and now he can't even talk to him." The first one said.

Why won't he talk to me? I want him to talk. I want to look at him, in his eyes.

***********
It's lunchtime. Thank God, now I can away from these people. I have to see him. His diary is with me. I waited for him to walk in front of the class to the gate. The whole class emptied, but he was still sitting on his seat.

I still wait for a few more minutes then I stood up with the diary in my hand and walked in front of him.

"Here, you left it behind that day." I said handing out the diary in front of him.
"I didn't read it." I told him.

He took it from my hand without saying anything. I stood there scratching my head, don't know what to say now.

He put the diary in the bag and turned to look at me again. He flicks his an eyebrow up.

"I... I want to ask you something." I said

"What"

"You said, we were not that close. Is this true?" I asked.

"Why are you asking this?" He asked in return.

"Just tell me the truth." I begged.

"It's true. We were just normal classmates. Never talked that much."

"It can't be possible. Then why I felt like you took something away from me, that day in the hospital room? Why my eyes were looking for you, the moment I entered the school? Why does my heart feel like it will burst out just by looking at you, like right now? Why do you affect me so much when you were not even there with me for the whole week? How can I find you so handsome, when I am feeling so angry standing right in front of you?" I thought. I could not really ask him these questions. I took a deep breath.

"But I heard we were close." It told him.

"We used to fight. Always. You have hit me many times." He smiled remembering those moments.

"You can smile remembering those moments but what about me? I don't remember anything. I want to remember that, I want to remember you." I said bending over his table to get a better look at his eyes.

He moved his hand closer to my face but before he could touch my face the bell rang.

Such bad timing.

"We really didn't have that kind of relationship, that you should put so much effort to remember it. It will come on its time. Don't stress yourself over this. Doctors told you to rest, why are you even at the school. You should be resting right now. You didn't open your eyes for 2 years, Vin. You can't even understand, how does it feel. It hurt me every day, for 2 years. You should give it a rest and take care of yourself." He said and went out of the class.

He said we didn't have that kind of relation. Still, he got hurt for 2 years only for me. Now, did he really believe that after hearing him say that, I will leave this topic behind. Never.

********
Hello lovelies.
I am updating this chapter very late, I know.

Hope you enjoyed it.
See you in the next. Till then love you all.