Chapter 1

"Oh, c'mon Annie, he was cute!"

"So?"

"And he was totally hitting on you."

"I'm not in the mood Lauren."

"Seems like your never in the mood," she remarks.

I roll my eyes. Seems like no one in my town gets me. At all. We lived in a small beach town in California. Lauren and I had just gone to the beach, and had met some cute boys, but I wasn't feeling it.

"I'm sorry Lauren, I guess my minds just been on school," I reply shoving my flip flops into my bag.

"Every time you mention it, a part of me wants to rip you up," she replies as she catches up to me. We had begun to walk home.

I laugh. "I can't wait. Junior year!" I jump up in the air and laugh.

"Yes but don't ruin the last day of Summer talking about it!" She replied back.

I smile, as I look down.

"Annie."

I look up at Lauren and see her eyeing my right shoulder. I immediatley know what she's looking at and I cover it up with my towel.

"Annie you've got to tell someone, an adult! That looks really bad."

I remove my towel carefully and inspect my shoulder myself. It still has the red mark from last night. "It doesn't matter now Lauren, he's gone."

"Yeah, but that is not right he can just get away with it, just because you broke up with him yesterday!" she yells.

I sigh. "Can we please not talk about Daniel, of all days?"

She gives me a faint smile, but I search her eyes for agreement. Nothing was there.

*****

"Annie Layne."

I hear my name as my new Science teacher says it. Everyone turns to look at me. "Here," I reply with the most confident voice I could. But it came out like a dying cat. Daniel smirks at me from across the room.

I shudder. What did I ever like about him? He was very kind when we were alone. It must've been his friends, that's it. And when he got mad. You wouldn't want to see him when he got mad. It was scary. I have scars all over my body to prove it. And now, I'm just afraid he'll get me back for dumping him.

The door to the classroom opens and it brings me back to reality. In comes a boy. But not just any boy. He was taller than me, had brown black hair, bright blue eyes. He was like the twin of the hottest celebrity.

"Class we have a new student here at our school, his name is Brandon. Brandon Sole." The class stares at him, and I turn to see the girls in the back row already eyeing him. "You can sit next to Annie."

I hear my name at once and look up as Mr. Bay leads the new boy to the seat next to me. Score, I think as I smile at him.

Mr. Bay keeps on talking, and Brandon started talking to me."So, any parties going on yet?" he asks.

I thought it was weird he was asking this, but I went along. "No, not yet."

"Do you get invited to many?" I nod which is true.

He smirks and murmers something to himself.

"Excuse me?" I whisper.

He turns and I look into his bright blue eyes. They were amazing. "Well I just thought a girl like you would probably get invited by a guy every time, and you would probably go."