Lyric: Seventeen

MelRose POV:

I couldn't sleep, no matter how hard I tried. All I could do was toss and turn in my bed, staring at the ceiling feeling so light-headed. I was still able to feel the strong tenderness of his lips touching mine, it's hard to believe that happened. Even as I caressed my bottom lip with my fingers, the sensation still lingers. Unable to handle these thoughts, I got off the bed and went towards the living room where my laptop was. Grabbing the contracts that were near the table I decided to re-read them once again...

All the while I decided to look up as much information as I could about the company I'll be working for. The contract I was given, did go over not only Kai's background but the other members as well. It seems that Jin is allergic to some skin products so I'll have to take note of that. Zack is the youngest one in the group and he's afraid of the dark, he also panics in tight crowds and small spaces. I guess he is claustrophobic, I wonder how he handles being surrounded by paparazzi? As for Kai...

"Why...is he taking so much medication?"

I said to myself with such heavy sorrow. Kai wasn't allergic to anything nor did he have any issues like Zack had, but... he's not only taking sleeping pills and Xanax on a regular but he's on antidepressants as well! I already knew about Kai taking sleeping pills, but I didn't about the rest of these meds he was on...

My hands couldn't stop shaking and my heart felt a tug of pain, I had no idea Kai was going through depression. He seems so laid back and calm when I see him, even today when he was helping me. He was kind...or at least he tried to be by helping me unpack. But that kiss that he gave me, wasn't like the kiss he gave me back in America. Back then, he was rough and forceful. But it was different this time, the way he kissed me was not only gentle at first but warm and comforting. I guess he wanted to erase the first memory of our first kiss into something new. He's so difficult to read, that I don't think I'll ever be able to figure him out. Just how stressed is he? Probably a lot with how famous he is, it's like he said... almost everyone around the world is always watching him.

"Kai..."

Whispering out his name, I laid my head down on the table while staring out the window of the night sky. It's getting late, I should get some sleep...

***

That following morning, I was dreadfully tired since I had probably only 4 hours of sleep. I blame Kai for that, but at least I don't have to walk to the company since I ride with the other staff members in the company's van, It's very convenient. Since I'm going to be working with this new staff, I need to make a good impression on my first day! I'm just really relieved that everyone is so kind, I'm sure I'll get along with everyone.

"Good morning, Mrs. Lee."

"Good morning, here are the rest of the contracts I signed," I said to the front desk as I handed them my paperwork. 

As they went through it, my eyes wandered toward the group of people crowding right outside the doors.

I'm very fortunate that our staff members can go through the back of the building. Even on the driveway here, I was shocked to see many fans waiting outside the front of the company. It's so early in the morning still, you would think most of them would be busy with work or be at school. It's a bit annoying that a majority of the female staff have to go through the back, I mean...I get it, it's for our safety. But I still think it is a bit dramatic, do the fans get that chaotic? Then again, there was that one time I came here for the interview and a group of girls were a bit upset at me for just walking towards the door...

"Okay, everything seems in order, Here's your new staff I.D. Make sure you have it with you at all times while at the premises of the company, security Jung will escort you to the studio you'll be working. We look forward to having you with us."