treinta y siete

August Alvarez

Still looking through the house, this is by far the best one we looked at. We already looked at five houses plus the three today. At this point, I am sold on to this house.

"Baby can we please get this house." Kiana begged me.

"Of course I also want this house too. Hopefully this house isn't too damn expensive to buy." Going over to Rodney, his attention went back over to Kiana like she didn't announce to him that I'm her girlfriend.

Like am I non-existent to him. If Kiana wanted him she probably could have done it already, but obviously she doesn't. I know for a fact that if I do get this house, I'm going to change the locks because I don't know if he made extra keys.

"So what do you think?" Rodney said, obviously directed to Kiana.

"We are going to buy it. How much is the house listed for?" I said since this nigga think I'm just there to fucking make sure he doesn't rip her off.

"As of now it's listed at 250,000 but I can make it 180,000."

"What do you think baby?" Kiana asked me.

"It's reasonable love, let's buy it." I pulled my phone out to look at my bank account. With all the money I have been saving, plus I really haven't been paying bills I have a lot of money saved. I pulled Kiana to the side so that we can talk about who is buying the house. "How about this babe, I'll buy the house, and you buy the furniture."

"Okay deal."

I signed the papers and made the payment for the house using a check. We have to wait at least two weeks for the payment to go through, and everything is legal.

"Once everything goes through, just come by the office and get the keys. Until then the house is off the market and you two will be the owners of this wonderful house. We will still have to go through some homeowners insurance, and title insurance." I just nodded my head because that's one part of the business I didn't understand. Luckily I have Kiana do all that paperwork. She did the same with The Interlude so in a why I'm just then to make sure there ain't no shady shit happening.

Back to June 15

After getting everything signed and approved, today is the day that we move into our house.

"Damn August, you know you're looking more and more mature these days." my dad said as I'm packing my stuff up from his house. I can say living here was fun while it lasted. Once Kiana really started showing, and me looking up things pregnant women should and shouldn't do, made me leave here.

"Why you say that?"

"Babe, you did something that a lot of people can't truly do. You went from barely having something that you could truly call yours. Don't get me wrong, everyone bought the stuff for you, but you just were different. You didn't want people giving you a hand out. After battling drugs, both your overdoses, and a failed marriage look at everything you have now. You began your own restaurant, you bought a house for you, your baby, and your girlfriend. Think about it, that's shit people don't go through."

I nodded my head in agreement because I mean who can do all of this. Who can say that everything bad in their life was turned around all through one woman. If I never would have went out with Jada and Jevon, I probably would have gone through a third overdose and that time it would have been it.

"I'm more than proud of you August. Even though I wished this would have come sooner, but it all seemed to work out in the end." He patted my back before taking a tote of my clothes out the room.

Did I really mature that much? I don't feel as if I actually have matured, but there are things I don't do anymore. I slowed down on playing my Xbox One and PS4 for a while, I stopped taking pills but I do smoke a little bit less than I did before, and I just in a way stopped acting a bit childish I guess. I don't see what they see, but I do notice some differences.

Once I gathered all my stuff out of the bedroom, I'm going to miss it here, but now I have my own family to raise.

Kiana St. Clair POV

"This house is really beautiful Kiana." Nia said to me. (August's Mom).

"Thank you. I know it's a lot more than what August expected to buy or to even spend, but she loves it as much as I do."

"So what do you see in the future for you guys?" Sienna asked. (August's Step-Mom)

We started putting up all the groceries that we bought today. August and I are still going to be eating out for tonight though.

"I see us you know having more children, and getting married. It's like a dream come true actually with her. Everything I wanted all in one person. Granted, how we met is pretty messed up because we both were getting cheated on, and it was by the ones we both loved at the time. My ex was cheating on me with August's ex wife, and it must have been going on for a while. When I met her, everything just felt comforting, welcoming, easy going, and safe. I felt that way at first with my ex but it started going away. With August, those feelings never once died down, they just intensified as I got to know her more. Having a baby by her wasn't planned at all, and in some way I did trap her, but she said she didn't mind." I threw my hand up in defense. Both her moms and mine all laughed.

"Not going to lie, that's how I had August. I just wanted to be a mother, and her dad was and still is my best friend so that's how that happened. I don't regret it because we have an amazing child together. Our first child." Nia smiled at me.

"August to me is really a one of a kind type of person. I'm glad I met her, and I wouldn't want it any different." I saw my mom come up towards me wiping my face. I guess I started crying.

"I'm glad she makes you happy because this is the most I've seen you happy in a long time baby." My mom said wrapping her arms around me. "Miss Nia, you and Dante raised a wonderful child."

"I'm surprised, that girl is two months pre-mature. She is my miracle baby. Doctors told me she wasn't going to be able to see, talk, walk, hear, eat, all of that. Soon as I had the emergency c-section, I never got the chance to see her. They gave me a photo and said that's your baby. Cut opened and everything, I acted a fool to see my child. My first born. Tubes all in her body, and doctors using metal rods to move her eyes. She had a feeding tube because she wouldn't take a bottle, so August was very underweight. A priest asked me how come I was holding my child, and I didn't know I could. When I asked they said sure, he prayed over her, then he was gone. Then another woman asked me, how come I wasn't feeding my child. So again I asked and they gave me a bottle. Not even five minutes later she drank the entire bottle. The first month or two she was in the hospital until she got her weight up. The same day she was born some woman lost her baby that was in the incubator next to August in the NICU.That's my baby, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just seeing that smile on her face does me so much good." Nia said with tears coming out her eyes. I never knew from the start August had it like that.

Please read this. A/N ... Guys that is true about me. My mom told me this story a lot, and it is surprising to me. They basically told my mom I wouldn't live, but here I am almost 22 years later doing everything they said I wouldn't be able to do. Well, I do wear glasses and sometimes I can barely hear but I'm alive. My actual birth date was supposed to be on Halloween but it's not, it's in September. It's crazy how all that happened and I'm the first born. Hope you all enjoyed that, I will try to update Hermes sometime soon. -Aj