Chapter 2

Lights and white walls flashed passed Troy and they took him inside the hospital. Doctors and nurses surrounded the gurney. They got him into a room and began to fix him up. They pulled glass out of his skin and cleaned up his wounds.

Her mind was playing games with her. All she could see were swirls of colors. She heard voices, but couldn't make out what they were saying. There was a breathing mask on her face for oxygen. The nurses rushed her into the OR for surgery.

Troy woke up in a room with white walls. There was a beeping noise on his left side. He saw wires running along side of the bed going into his arm. He let out a groan when all the pain hit him at once.

Minutes later, a nurse came into the room. "Oh, Troy! You're awake! I'll get the doctor." She said and left just as quickly as she came. The doctor came in with a clipboard and a stethoscope around his neck the way all doctors do. He wore a white coat and there was a name tag just above where his heart was.

"Mr. Bolton-"

"Call me Troy." He said cutting off the man.

"Troy, then well let's get started shall we." Troy nodded listening to the doctor. "The accident did a lot of damage on both you and Gabriella, she was sent into surgery just as she got here, some internal bleeding that needed to be stopped. You suffered from a minor concussion, you have a gash on the right side of your head, glass did go everywhere so you'll have cuts along your arms and face.

"You also did sprain your ankle in some mysterious way, but that'll heal quick." The doctor finished reading off of the clipboard and looked up at Troy. "Any questions?"

"Where's Gabriella?" He asked.

"She's in the Intensive Care Unit, she in a coma." The doctor replied. Troy squeezed his eyes shut.

I did this to her.

He thought. It's all my fault.

"Now, you are allowed to go see her if you wish." Troy opened his eyes to look at the man. He nodded. "Well alright, let's get you in a wheelchair."

A Nurse came into the room with a wheelchair for Troy. Both the doctor and nurse helped him out of the bed and into it. He couldn't wait to see Gabriella. The nurse pushed the chair out of the room and down the hall to an elevator where she pressed the button for the third floor.

When a ding went off signaling that they could get out, Troy's heart was beating faster than he could blink. The nurse pushed the chair down the hall until they came to a room. She opened the door and slowly pushed Troy in.

Laying on the hospital bed was Gabriella. Bandage covering part of her head, her arm was covered in stitches, and she looked dead.

Troy sat right next to the bed. He grabbed her hand and looked at girl he loved. She looked peaceful yet it disturbed him.

He had spent hours in the room with Gabriela's unconscious body. He was slowly falling asleep when suddenly the door opened. It was the nurse, but behind her, the Wildcats.

"Troy!" Chad said. In his hands he held flowers and a teddy bear. He turned to the rest of the crew coming into the room.

"Troy!" This came from Taylor. She had balloons and flowers.

"Hey." Troy said.

"How ya feeling buddy?" Chad asked.

"I've been better." Troy said managing to smile.

"So I guess you can't play this season?" Chad asked looking down at Troy's ankle.

"I don't think so." Troy responded.

"Troy?" A soft voice came out of no where. Troy turned to find where it came from. It was Gabriella, she was awake.

"Hey, I'm here." He said.

Gabriella groaned. "Everything hurts." She said.

"Yes I know sweetheart." Just then the doctor came in.

"Troy, I need to talk to you." He said. Chad helped Troy by pushing the wheelchair out of the room.

"So there's bad news about Gabriella." He said.

"Like what?"

"There's a ninety percent chance..." The doctor paused. "That she won't last very long." Troy looked up at him. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "She suffered to much internal bleeding that ripped some important organs."

"But what about the surgery?" Troy asked.

"The surgery did help, but we're still not sure." He said.

Troy looked down at the floor. Tears started to form in his eyes.

"How long?" He asked.

"Maybe a week or two." Tears slipped down Troy's cheeks.

The doctor pushed Troy back into the room. Everyone looked at Troy even Gabriella.

Troy could barely make out the words that tore his heart apart. Chad came up to him and kneeled down.

"Chad." He said. "It's not good."

"What is it?" Chad asked.

"She's not gonna make it." Troy's voice was softer than a whisper and he didn't know if Chad even heard him.

"Seriously?" He asked. Troy nodded. "Fucking shit!" Chad stood up furious. He whispered into Taylor's ear and she burst into tears. Troy wheeled over to the bed.

"Gab, it isn't good." Troy said. Just then the door swung open. Sharpay and Ryan came in.

"Gabriella." Sharpay said. She looked like she was crying.

"Troy, I think you should tell everyone, at once." Chad said. Taylor nodded agreeing with him.

"Fine." Troy took a deep breath. "Gab, the doctor said..." Troy couldn't finish, he was crying. "He said there's a chance you're... Not gonna make it." Everyone gasped even Sharpay. Gabriella looked around. She had her bottom lip between her teeth.

"I can't believe it." Sharpay said.

The Wildcats stayed in Gabriela's room until visiting hours were over. Troy convinced the nurses to let him sleep with her.

"Hey." Troy said once everyone had left. They were both in the small hospital bed.

"Hey." Gabriella repeated.

Troy caressed her face. "I love you, you're the most amazing girl I've ever met."

"I love you, Wildcat." She said. Troy leaned in and kissed her. The couple fell asleep in each other's arms for the very last time.

"Gabriella?" Troy said waking up. He felt her skin, it was cold but not to cold. He looked over at the heart monitor, the lines were slow.

"Troy?" Gabriela's voice filled Troy's ears. "I can't breathe!" She said. Troy started to panic. He found the button to call the nurse. He got out of the bed and into the chair. The nurse came in.

"She said she can't breathe! What's wrong with here?" Troy said in a panic. The nurse check Gabriela's pulse and gasped. She ran out of the room and came back with the doctor.

Gabriella laid in the bed not moving. Suddenly, she let out an ear piercing scream, then everything fell silent. The heart monitor machine changed, and all you heard was the constant sound of the long beep. She was gone.

A/N: hiiii so sad chapter *sad face okay so like what's Troy gonna do? Any guesses?