" Monty? Are you okay?" Winston's voice rang through the locker room. 

" I need you, they think I lied. I need you Winston. They want to hurt me and I'll end myself before I let them hurt me that bad. It's 4 against 1. " He said and he heard Winston breathing heavy. 

" I have some of the HillCrest team with me, where are you? We can help...I can protect you" Winston whispers the last part. 

" They're coming back Win...If they kill me, remember what I told you okay. "

" Mont, where are you?" Winston said hearing something hitting the lockers. 

" Monty? Montgomery?!" Winston yelled through the phone hearing Monty's groans. 

(Winston's POV)

I was running through Liberty high school with a few of my friends on the football team. Ironically, I'm friends  with the quarterback. He decided to help me after what Monty and Justin did to him at the homecoming game. 

We were running to the boys locker room. We looked through trying to find Monty. 

" He's not here Winston, where else would he run to?" Dean said walking out of the boys locker room and soon hearing metal clash against metal. 

" This way, " I said and ran in the direction of the girls locker room. 

The closer we got the louder that clashing got and I could hear Monty's groans. I knew he was getting tired because of how far apart the groans came. We were about to go in the locker room when some of the Liberty students came out laughing. They had blood on their pants legs.

"   De La Cruz won't talk back or make fun of the survivors now. " One said and the others nodded and passed our group smiling.  

(Third person's POV)

Winston ran in the girls locker room and covered his mouth at the sight of Monty. Monty was beaten almost to death. Winston ran to him checking for a pulse because it didn't seem like the older boy was even breathing. Monty's pulse was faint. 

" Call a fucking ambulance!" he screamed fearing he'd lose the only boy he ever loved. 

Dean was on the phone with 911 while Winston had Monty's head in his lap as the boy opened his eyes but didn't speak a word. 

" Mont?! I'm right here, stay with me okay. I'm right here" He said crying and Monty just looked up at Winston. 

Soon the ambulance came and the paramedics immediately put Monty on oxygen. They ran back through the gym since that was the fastest and safest way to the ambulance outside.  The whole school saw what had happened to the resident king of Liberty. Gasps filled the gym as Winston who was in tears and clinging to Dean as they walked out following the paramedics. Charlie ran to Winston asking what had happened. Winston told him it was because no one believed him. 

" Go, be with him. I'll talk to them and call your parents and mine and Bryce's. Make sure they take care of him." Charlie said and turned to the others as Winston and Dean left. 

Charlie moved to where Jessica Davis had been during her speech. He was upset and furious about what happened but didn't want to let all his emotions out at once. He looked at everyone, they were still frozen like time had stopped. 

" I know what Monty has done. I know he has hurt many of our own and even some during the fight at homecoming to the Hillcrest team. Some of his actions are unspeakable but..." He said getting emotional and looked up at Diego who was also very close to Monty and knew the older boys story. Diego got up and stood beside Charlie. He took over the speech.