CHAPTER 5

5

Abbot and I went to the old building. We decided to hang out there because we are having our free time.

We were just down the hallway when we heard a voice coming from my room. We hurried over to see who it is. Jersey.

She was at the door. Sitting on the floor.

"Yan!" She shouted then slapped her forehead.

"Hey!" I called her but I noticed that her eyes were fixed on her cellphone so she didn't even know we are coming near her.

"Hey!" I shouted again and this time she stood up and quickly fixed her skirt.

I just smiled at her. I heard Abbot's mocking cries. I glared at him and nudged him on his side. We received a worried reaction from Jersey.

"Don't worry, Jersey, okay lang ako. Ewan ko lang kung 'yong katabi ko—" he has not yet finished what he is going to say, I already nudged him again. Jersey seems clueless.

I opened the door after I entered the passcode. The two entered. They sat straight in the chair inside.

Inunahan pa ako. Kanila ito? Kanila?

I just took a deep breath. I notice that my temper is getting hotter and hotter since last week?!

I suddenly erased my thoughts. Nahahawa na siguro akong kasaltikan ni Abbot. I need to distance myself from him.

I wiped my shoes on the rag before I entered. Hiyang-hiya naman ako sa mga bisita ko.

I was on my way to the sofa but I saw Abbot sitting there. Inunahan na naman ako. May saltik talaga.

I stepped closer to push him away but I was annoyed because I had not been able to get close at him, yet Jersey quickly approached Abbot's seat and sat down next to him. Hindi ako nagseselos, promise.