✨21

Saturday, 1PM

Nicholas walks from the garage to his drivers room, fully packed in warm, waterproof clothing. He was sad fp3 couldn't go on due the rain, and qualifying looks close to cancelling or postponing aswell. God that word has Nicholas heard too much over the past months, postponing.

"Nicholas!" He heard behind him. The Williams driver turned around and smiled as he saw Daniel. "Hey, doing any better with your injury?" Nicholas asked which got answered by a nod. "All good" Daniel said with a chuckle as they walk over the paddock, umbrellas tight in their hands.

"Ya think qualifying will continue?" Daniel asks while keeping his face pointed at the empty paddock. "I have no idea. When I'm at the garage I'll see what the rainradar says" Nicholas says, making Daniel nod. "Well, if I don't see you before qualifying, good luck!" Daniel said. "You too!" Nicholas said before Daniel started jogging to his own.

3PM, just before qualifying

"Lando wait you have to get ready!" Jon, his trainer, said but Lando was already gone out the garage after he said "one second!". Lando hurried to Carlos' driver room and knocked on the door. "Cariño?" Carlos said suprised as he saw his younger teammate standing there. Lando smiled at him as he walks up to Carlos. "Just.. wanted to wish you goodluck. Please stay safe" Lando mumbled while hugging the Spaniard tight. "I will, corazon" Carlos said before placing a kiss on top of Lando's head. "Please stay safe aswell." Carlos continued.

"Let's kick some asses!" Lando said with a giggle as he took Carlos' hand and dragged him to the garage, making Carlos laugh. They wave at each other before they turn to their own sides of the garage. Carlos looked at his younger teammate once more and smiled before whispering a soft te amo.

(Te amo means I love you. Awww Carlitooo)

Meanwhile in the Redbull garage, Max was leaning against the wall, watching the rain pour down on the track. "Max, it's time to get in the car" Gianpiero (had to look that up lmao), Max his engineer said as Max nods. The Dutchman likes rainraces. Qualifying is a bit of a different story, but he stills enjoys it.

When Max was younger, Jos and himself were always on track when there was rain. Jos was pushing Max, but he could only be grateful for that since he didn't know where he would be without his dad.

After qualifying

"George!" Alex screamed as he sees the Williams driver walking out of his Garage. George smiled as he heard Alexander's voice. Alex was a bit dissapointed by his result, but when he saw the bright smile of George, he couldn't help but smile aswell. He ran up to the Williams driver and gave him a tight hug.

"You made it to Q2! Nearly to Q3! I'm so proud!" Alex said as him and George jump a bit in the tight hug as celebration. "I know! Ahh I can't believe it!" George said as he smiled at Alex. "I'm proud of you aswell. These conditions are incredibly difficult and you did good" George said with a gentle smile. Alex looks down worriedly and wants to speak, but George cuts him off before he could talk. "Don't you dare be harsh to yourself. You did awesome" George said, stroking away a bit of wet hair that was in front of Alex his face.

"Thanks George. You're the best" Alex said as he hugs the Williams driver once more. "I try" George said with a chuckle while running his hand up and down the Redbull driver's back. "Georgie! Ally!" Lando screamed as he ran up to the two hugging boys.

The youngest driver on the grid had his hood up from his jacket and hoodie, his orange mask perfectly on his face. Lando pulled his arms wide and swung them around the other two, all three giggling. "A hello to you too Lando" George said with a laugh. "You both did good today! George you hit Q2 mate!" Lando happily said as he pats George on his back. "Yeah, and you did awesome aswell Lando!"