May 11, 2015: Elmax

(AN: so I decided to make a chapter on how they met because El asked Max out a bunch of chapters ago so,,,here)

Jane Hopper was good at many things. Reading, writing, being a good friend, etc. One thing she wasn't good at, however, was keeping a boyfriend. She didn't care though. Mike was getting...I don't know...too boring? Anyways, she stopped hanging out with her small group of friends after the breakup.

It wasn't like she hated Mike, Lucas, or Dustin. She just needed a break. She wanted to find a friend who's more like her...a girl. So she stood in the middle of the lunchroom, scanning the area for a place to sit. No spot seemed preferable at the moment. Her lunch was quickly getting cold. She looked around some more and the library caught her gaze. She'll sit there.

Her black Mary Janes clicked against the tile floor, her rushing to the library. She found a chair in the corner that was attached to a small booth. She sighed, this would be a long lunchtime. Jane stabbed her corn with her plastic fork and began eating.

Ugh, it tasted like straight up plastic. School lunches were horrendous. She looked up from her tray, bright hair catching her eyes. It was a gorgeous shade of orange, one she'd always been attracted to. Next to the ginger was a short brunette. She shook her head and continued eating. "Hey!" El looked up and found herself staring into electric blue eyes, "Do you prefer cats or dogs?"

God, this girl was so freaking pretty. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Cats or dogs?"

"Cats," she smiled awkwardly. The girl nodded then sat back down. But she returned a few seconds later.

"Do you wanna sit with me and my friend? You seem lonely and we've been looking for a third friend for ages."

She nodded happily, "Sure!" The redhead lead her to a small table where a boy was already eating. He seemed so shy and nice.

"I'm Maxine, call me Max" Max our her hand out for Jane to shake, "And this is my only friend Will! He doesn't talk much but once you get to know him, you'll love him."

"Hi, I'm Jane Hopper."

"Jane is such a pretty name!" Max gushed, sitting down next to Will, "Much more formal than Max."

El blushed, sweat trickling down her neck, "Th-Thanks!" Max was gorgeous. She was so pretty...wow.

"I've never seen you before, is this your first time here?" Max tilted her head. Will looked up and gave her a shy wave.

"Yeah. I used to sit in the lunchroom but...friend drama. You know?"

"Oh, tell me about it. People are so dramatic! You seem cool, though. What happened?"

"Broke up with my boyfriend. I used to sit with him and his friends," Jane cringed.

Max narrowed her eyes, "Whats his name?"

"Mike Wheeler."

"Oh! Will, didn't you find that boy cute in the 5th grade?" Max nudged his shoulder. Jane laughed, this girl was amazing, "I share Homeroom and science with him. Will's in his art class."

"Yeah," she smiled sweetly, "he's nice it's just...we weren't working out. I'm fine, though."

"Good!" Max smiled at her. Jane studied her face carefully. Freckles splattered over her cheeks, bright against her pale skin. Her hair was long, but not too long. A perfect length. Max in general was just a beauty. She was surprised Will was the others only friend, "Hey, wanna go to the dance with us? It's in two weeks."