PMHB ch12

*                                                *                                                            *                                                *

Warick watched the last beam of light fade from the sky as he ducked into his rudimentary tent and sat in his chair. He sat forward and put his head in his hands and rubbed his tired, heavy eyes. However, his thoughts were interrupted by one of his men poking into his tent saying, “ Avel requests an audience”.

Warick grunted and got up, reluctantly.

*                                                *                                                            *                                                *

Nayeli was trying to hide herself as best as she could behind other people and not eating dinner. However, despite her efforts, soldiers from “The Gang” found her and put a shroud over her head. They took her arms and legs and hoisted her off the ground. She opened her eyes, after a sequence of fighting and struggling, to the interior of a tent that was lit by a single lamp, hanging from the top of the tent. Hermun was standing in front of Nayeli. His stance was that of a victor. His legs were shoulder width apart and his arms were crossed over his bare chest. Hermun stepped forward and said, “ Are you prepared?”

His eyes were cruel and his smile was nauseating. Then, before she gave her answer, Nayeli looked to each side of Hermun, and, to her detriment, she saw Alan, Ryan and at least four other boys from “The Gang”.

“ What makes you think I would ever honor you by being prepared to endure your favors?” Nayeli said defiantly.

“Very well,” Hermun said calmly, looked backward, nodded, and then righted his gaze at her again.

In response to his signal, Alan, Ryan, and another boy came forward. Nayeli could feel her stomach twist tighter and tighter with every step that they took. Alan took her wrists while Ryan grabbed her ankles. The other boy untied her sash and slipped her toga up and over her head, leaving her under wrappings. They walked her to the side of a cot and Nayeli only felt tears rolling down her cheeks as Alan traded off positions and began to undo her wrappings. Then he stopped and stood. Alan put his hand around Nayeli’s neck and slid the other one up her side, over her chest, and then up and over her shoulder to her back and freed the very last wrapping, stepping forward, beginning to kiss her neck, saying, “ Oops.”

Shivers went down and back up Nayeli’s spine and she swung her shoulder, without warning, and hit Alan right in the jaw.

“Hermun…!” Alan said, as though a whiney little boy complaining to his mother.

“I saw,” Hermun said, “Tough, aren’t you?”

Hermun walked toward Nayeli and pushed her, now unclothed form, on to the cot and undid the flap on his pants.

“Now, don’t forget any of the lessons I’m about to teach you, there may be a test later,” Hermun said grotesquely, thrusting.

Nayeli screamed in pain, and, from that point, she could remember no more.

*                                                *                                                *                                                            *

Warick was walking back from the meeting with Avel rather flustered when he heard a shriek of utter pain and horror, then another, and another. He followed he sound and came to the front of his temporary tent. He opened the door and saw Nayeli. “The Gang” surrounded her and Hermun was on top of her. She was screaming in agony.