Chapter One

"I'm gonna miss you so much!", my mom wails, as she hugs me tight. It's the day every parent dreads, the day their child goes off to college. 

"I'll miss you too mom, but I told you I'll be back for thanksgiving and christmas and you and dad's birthdays! I'll probably come down on some weekends even", I said, trying to reassure her. 

"You better", she scolds me. "Now, does your roommate know your coming?"

I nodded. "Yes mom. I e-mailed her this morning telling her that I was on my way out there. She said she'll be waiting for me to arrive and help me move in." 

"Well she sounds very nice", my dad said, coming up from behind my mom. "You should bring her over for thanksgiving, or your brothers birthday."

"Yes! But only if she's hot", my brother, Alex, yells from the living room. 

"She's too young for you buddy!", I retort. 

"I'm turning 16 next month, it's not that big of an age difference!"

"Yes, it is", my dad said, chuckling lightly. 

"Alex", my mom snapped. "Come say goodbye to your sister." 

Alex gets off the couch and pulls me into a hug. Even though he's almost 3 years younger then me, he's still about an inch or two taller. He gets the tallness from my fathers side, while I'm short just like my mom. Mom and I are both about 5'4, me being just a little taller. 

"I'm gonna miss you, big sis."

"I'll miss you too, little bro", I say, choking up. 

Alex groans, pulling out of the hug. "Don't cry, Bree. It's too girly."

I chuckled. "I'm not crying."

Alex rolled his eyes, stepped back and stood beside mom and dad. 

"Well, I better get going. It's a 4 hour drive and I want to get there by 2 so I can get settled", I told them. 

They all hugged me again, telling me they'll miss me and to call them every night for the first few weeks. 

"Drive safely", mom said as I backed out of the driveway. 

"I will! Bye, love you!", I tell them, then start the long drive towards the apartment I will soon be sharing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I knocked once on the apartment door, since I didn't yet have a key. My roommate, Lily had told me over e-mail that she would get her key copied and give it me when I arrived. The apartment door swung open and I could finally put a face to the voice of the two phone calls and 27 e-mails. We had e-mailed a few times because we both wanted to be fairly aquatinted with the person we'd be living with. She was gorgeous. Long brunette hair, curled lightly at the tips and round hazel eyes. She was lightly tanned, and wearing tight skinny jeans with a blue tank top. She was showing some cleavage and I was slightly jealous of how much bigger she was than me in the chest area. 

She smiled widely, engulfing me a hug. Tingles shocked up and down my spine, her touch spreading fire where she touched me. I didn't know why I was having this reaction to her touch, so I just ignored it. "Hi! You must be Bree!"

I nodded. "Yeah, I am. You're Lily, right?"

She nodded this time, letting me go and taking my hand to lead me into the apartment. "So, this is the kitchen", she said, waving her hand at the kitchen. She dragged me to another part of the apartment, waving her hand again. "The living room", she said, taking me into a room with two couches and a flat screen. There was also a screen door leading out to the balcony. "This is my room", she said, leading me into a room with a queen bed, light green walls and hardwood floor. There wasn't much in it, just a bed, nightstand and closet. "And, your room", she said lastly, pushing me into my room. There was also a queen sized bed, closet and night table. My closet looked slightly bigger then hers, but it could have been just my eyesight.

“Cool. I like it”, I told her.

“I haven’t really don’t much decorating because I just moved in a couple weeks ago but I figured now that you’re here we can go shopping tomorrow for some furniture and stuff!”, she said, a hopeful look on her face.

“That’d be great”, I tell her with a smile.

She smiles, relieved and I notice she has two dimples. It makes her look super adorable and cute and I blush at the thought of thinking my roommate is adorable.

Kind of short, sorry but this is my first girlxgirl story so please give me feedback!! :)