4

Mystic Falls, the town was small, it was quaint. It was only a two-hour drive away from Richmond. It served as an out of town retreat for the people, it saw a great deal of tourist who wanted a small vacation over the weekends, but still the town had a small local population which was headed by the Mayor, who was a widow of the previous Mayor, he died in an animal attack which was a common occurrence and a major cause of deaths in the town.
It was very likely that after many years of living a life full of adventure, the Black family would be utterly bored here but maybe that was a good thing.
The three black cars carrying the Black family members stopped in front of the Potter house which now would be called the Black family house. It was legally owned by Draco as they were uncertain about the living status of Aurora and did not want to take any chances with stray vampires being able to enter the house without any invitation.

 It was legally owned by Draco as they were uncertain about the living status of Aurora and did not want to take any chances with stray vampires being able to enter the house without any invitation

The housekeepers had already moved their furniture into place, the entire house was sparkling clean. A sleepy Teddy was carried in by Narcissa who took him to his room for a nap. Severus made a bee-line to the garden to start his planting of his herbs. He did not want to discontinue is potions business.
That left the three Black adult children who probably would have never gotten along if not for the weird circumstances that forced them together. Draco went into the basement wanting to secure a place for him to change during the full moon. Aurora wanted him to transform and run around the forest that surrounded them.
Sirius and Aurora waited for Draco to be done with his inspections, they did not want to rest so the three of them decided to head into town.
Narcissa had bought a building in the town square wanting to open an Italian Restaurant and a bakery, which will mainly sell elf made treats as the elves needed to do something productive else, they will wither. She did not want to sit at home all day or mingle with the ladies of the Founding Family every day. Wanting to keep busy she bought a decently large place in the middle of town.
Aurora, Draco and Sirius first visited the café, the workers were busy transforming the formerly dour place into a modern chic place, the walls were painted in a yellow and the furniture was made of light-colored wood.
Leaving the café, they went to find something to eat. The large sign of the Mystic Grill seemed inviting, the interior had a rugged rustic look, but was filled with people, most were teenagers with a few older people scattered around mainly around the bar.
Spotting the bar Sirius made a beeline towards it, being blessed by Dionysus made him crave alcohol, he could drink and drink but get completely wasted only mildly inebriated; he was delighted with by this revelation.
Ordering a scotch for himself and Draco and a glass of red wine for Aurora they took a seat at a table and scanned the menu.
A blonde waiter came to take their orders.
‘Hi, I am Matt. Welcome to the Grill. What can I get you?’
‘I will have a large serving of chili fries, a bacon burger with fries and a beer.’ Sirius orders.
He turned to the fair-haired man.
‘I will have the same as him.’
Matt finally turned towards Aurora for her order.
‘I will have a chicken sandwich and chili fries and a water.’
Matt went away after writing their order. He sent their orders to the kitchen and was manning the bar when came in his least favorite vampire; Damon along with Alaric.
They ordered scotch as always and sat at the bar.
‘So Matt, did you see the new people who came into town?’ Damon asked
With a tilt of his neck he gestured towards the three people sitting enjoying their drinks. Damn saw the dark-haired man laugh and point at the wine glass in the woman’s hand, her back was towards them but Damon could see the near empty glass of wine in her hand with clarity. The fair-haired man let out a small laugh and pointed at the empty wine glass in the lady’s hand.
Damon could not believe his eyes, the formerly-empty glass was filled with wine, on its own. The black-haired man gave her a wink. Damon tried to eavesdrop on their conversation.

‘... Roro, don’t make your brothers look like Englishmen who are getting day drunk. Have a little wine dear sister.’
‘Siri, you have to stop randomly turning my drinks into wine, sooner or later someone will notice.’ the girl replied.
‘It is no use Aurora, he will do what he wants to do, you know that.’ the fair-haired man said.
The girl sighed, Damon saw her fingers twitch and he saw the drink in the dark-haired man turn into juice. This act made the man laugh as he turned his drink back to scotch.
Damon was stunned, what kind of people were they, witches who controlled alcohol? He wished their powers were limited to inebriating drinks alone that they did not include more of witchcraft.
He had had enough of witches to last his entire immortal lifetime.
He wanted to find out their secrets, to know if they were a threat but it was not wise to get cornered by three witches, he decided to single one out.
.     .     .
.     .     .
.     .     .
.     .     .
The three Black siblings were sitting and enjoying walking around the town square, Narcissa had dropped Teddy with them as she and Severus had to meet the Mayor at her place.
They watched Teddy play around in the park, it was almost nine when they decided to head back home. They were outside their house when Aurora gasped, her eyes turning a bright purple for a second.
Seeing her startled expression, the two men sprang into action, Sirius took Teddy to his room and asked Rose, their housekeeper to keep an eye on him and Draco led Aurora to the armchair and fetched her a glass of water.
‘What happened?’ Sirius asked.
Aurora did not answer, her powers were going haywire, telling her something was happening. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and tried to focus on her powers.
A spirit was making its presence known to the physical world. She had the knowledge of so many different things in her mind because of the powers she had gained that it would be hard focus if she was not proficient in Occlumency, which Severus had insisted she be.
She could sense a spirit from the Other Side was trying to influence the real world. The spirit interacting was a weak one, a fledging vampire trying to create chaos but the power fueling the spirit into the real world was no fledging. It was a real and powerful witch.
She did not know the motive they had but she wanted it to stop. The witch had a foothold in the real world, till she found that talisman there was nothing she could do. It was late at night when she woke up form in a sweat filled haze. She could feel their presence.
Spirits.
There were spirits walking among the living.
.     .     .
.     .     .
.     .     .
The next day Aurora could feel the dead. She took Draco and Sirius with her to the town leaving Teddy home safe with Sev and Cissy.
The three of them were walking around there was some kind of festival in the square. People having fun and having no idea that the dead were walking among them.
The three of them roamed around and waited, waited for something to happen, to find where the source of the magic of the spirits was coming from.
Aurora could see at least five spirits walking around, all of those spirits were of vampires.
Finally, it made sense to her. The spirits were those who belonged to the Other side, a pocket dimension of hell, it was similar to that of the Asphodel Meadows. All the supernatural beings that had unfinished business stayed there. The door of the Other Side had cracked wide open, now all supernatural beings roamed the small town of Mystic Falls. It had to be closed before someone with greater power came through.
They felt magic, powerful magic happen, Aurora found the source of the magic and teleported there along with Draco and Sirius.
It was an abandoned house, it reeked of magic of the death. Several witches had to die horrifically for the place to be this cursed with magic.
Without any preamble they strode in the house, there were three people in there, two young women, a blonde and a brunette and an older woman with dark curly hair.
The older woman met Aurora’s eyes and gasped taking a step back.
It looked like she knew who she was. The younger brunette came forward trying to be intimidating.
Aurora had no time to waste, every second the veil to the Other Side remained opened more time the more powerful beings would have to come out.
‘You have done something that had caused disastrous consequences. What did you do?’
The older woman who clearly was a spirit did not say anything still trying to accommodate herself to the presence of two divine beings. The younger brunette, the witch tried to be brave.
‘How did you enter here? Who are you?’ she asked.
‘Who I am is of no consequence, I asked a question, what did you do?’ Aurora asked.
‘You have no idea what is happening here.’ The witch said.
‘Oh, but I do. You have done some magic concerning death and as it always happens, it had some unsavory side effects. Now the entire dead supernatural world is knocking around this little town. So again, I will ask what did you do?’
‘Who are you?’ asked the blonde vampire.
Aurora and Draco had the same sneer on their faces which was a Black trait while Sirius was getting impatient.
It was the dead who are wise.
‘Tell her Bonnie. She can help.’ Said the older dead woman.
Bonnie had a betrayed expression on her face but she did what was asked.
Bonnie had resurrected her boyfriend which led to a tear in the veil of the Other Side, a witch took advantage of the tear and tried to kill Bonnie’s best friend who evidently is the key to making Hybrids.
Aurora asked for the talisman, the blonde vampire, Caroline handed her an old necklace.
There was a strong spirit attached to it, it was almost like a Horcrux but that spirit had a body somewhere, it was most likely the mother of the Originals, why she wanted to kill the key to her son's Hybrids was something she wanted to know.
Without wasting any time, she channeled the spirit in the necklace, forcing it back to the Other Side essentially closing the door and sealing it for good measure. No spirit would now gain foothold in the real world again.