Chapter 6: The Fight

My mom stands behind me when I find the courage to close my window again. All I can think about is this boy from downstairs.

'Madelaine, I have called you', my mother notices. I turn around to look at her greyish eyes, her hair perfect in model as always. 'I'm sorry', I whisper.

'You know you can't open that window, we can't take the risk of someone breaking in', she says bitter before leaving. If she only knew.

(time skip)

All I can think about is Jess and it drives me insane. He has stolen a place in my heart. I'm not ready to let someone in. I can't even love myself properly.

'You made it', Jess notices when I walk towards my locker, still ignoring the students around me. 'That must mean you haven't told the truth', he notices and I nod in agreement.

'I figured, if she doesn't know it can't bother her', I remark which makes him laugh. 'You are going to get in trouble'. The first bell of that day rings, and three classes later I sit down in the dining hall, ready for lunch.

'No big drama this time?' A girl takes a seat on my right, clearly making fun of me when two other girls join us. Also mocking me. 'Excuse me?' I ask, not understanding.

'Dear, come on. The Madelaine Scott all of a sudden joins a public school. What about your career, those big Hollywood dreams?' She asks sarcastic, her friends laughing too. Another boy joins us, kissing the girl next to me on her cheek.

'We are meeting The Madelaine Scott', the girl explains with a fake smile, getting on my nerves. 'Who? I haven't heard of anyone named that' The boy asks, winking at me. All girls start laughing, including other people who have collided around my table, looking down on me.

'Didn't she get a role, or something?' an unfamiliar girl asks, laughing with the boy next to her. 'Amelia, not so rude', the girl next to me mumbles. 'They probably didn't want her anymore, could you blame them', she hisses.

'Enough!' A familiar voice yells when I jump up, ready to leave. Jess stands behind me, throwing his plate on the ground before walking over to the girl, leaning towards her.

'You don't talk about her like that, do you hear me!' He yells in her face. Her boyfriend jumps up, grabbing Jess by his collar.

'Leave us alone, freak', he spits in his face before Jess tries to hit him with his arm. 'Jess, no!' I say desperate when the two boys end up on the ground. No one bothering to get them of each other.

'You'll get this back!' Jess yells before finally a teacher gets between them. Jess turns to face me, a little blood on his face. I walk over to him, wanting to comfort him but instead he walks past me, ignoring me.

'Jess, wait!' I yell before someone grabs my arm. I see the teacher standing behind me, looking mad. 'Miss Scott, the rector will receive you in his office', she mumbles. 'I didn't fight', I say in disbelief.

'He'll call your parents about what has happened', she adds, ignoring my statement. 'No, you can't do that', I remark but she leaves.

'I can do anything miss Scott, watch my word!', she yells over her shoulder. Leaving me behind in this mess. The whole cafeteria is staring at me, some amused others too afraid to smile.

I'm worried about only two things:

1. My mother is going to find out any minute and

2. I can't find Jess.