Fifty- One

I loved writing this chapter hope you like it. I'll be writing the next chapter and hopefully update soon. Please comment what you think!

  I turned around walking out of the building, guilt, shame, and plain sadness plastered on my face. I went back home and replayed my escape plan merely a hundred times, making sure nothing could go wrong. I was greatful that I had stealth and great hearing on my side.

   The clock hit midnight and suddenly I felt like some cliché story of having to make a stealthy getaway at exactly this time, call me Cinderella- although my eighth birthday card compared me to Belle.

    I pulled open my window and got out the fire exit ladder I had bought when I turned thirteen. I had nightmares of flames encaseing me and eating me alive, add that to the list of why I should be in a mental institution.

    I made my way out the window and onto the ladder that was roped to my bed frame. I closed my bedroom window, carefully placing one foot at a time in each step and walking downwards (left, right, left, right). It would have been a mission accomplished, if it weren't for the sporadic waves of headaches that came and went. I slipped right off the steps, losing my footing and falling onto the hard grass.

    I still remember that when learning to ride a bike, often you try to ride on grass. Not because it's easier but because the fall is supposed to hurt less, although right now I was rethinking that theory.

    The wind was completely knocked out of me. As I realized the scarcity of oxygen entering my lungs; I began contemplating from crawling behind a bush, or laying on my back and hoping I could blend in with the grass. The lights of my home turned on as I army crawled my way out of sight.

    I caught my breath,and listened on to my parents conversation as they looked out of their window.

  "I heard something."

  "Come on, David let's just go back to bed. It was probably raccoons."

   I sighed in relief, and waiting ten minutes after the lights went off. Even with every master plan there's always room for  improvement.

   The headaches came back and I was pulled out of reality.

     "Skylar, they're coming. You need to be prepared, do not show fear. Don't be afraid of the flames."

"What? Flames- the nightmares. No I can't do this" I cried, but she was gone.

   My body trembled and I couldn't help but shake as I pressed the button to unlock my car. Then, paranoid, I check the tires of my car and did an over all safety check. Inserting the key and turning on the engine I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and exhaled. Once on the road I took my phone out and enabled the GPS, I didn't exactly know the route to Ian's aunt's house.

    As I continued on the road I noticed there weren't many cars out. Not only that, but the route the GPS was giving me, was very strange. I proceeded on anyways, too busy with the paranoia that wasn't leaving anytime soon.

    I arrived at a dead end, and checked back with the GPS.

"You have arrived at your destination." It repeated in the British accent I was used to.

   I decoded to ditch the GPS and try to use  Google maps on my phone. Once I found the route to go from where I was I started the engine again. Even though I could turn on the engine the car was not moving. I looked around in fear as I saw a shadowy figure rush around the car. I continued to place the key in the ignition and start the car, by each time I failed my hope lessened.

     Something hard and metallic slammed into my window. Shards of glass flying everywhere, some inserted themselves into my skin, though I felt nothing. The adrenaline in my body increased. I glanced at the rear view mirror noticing my eyes changing. My canines came into view and I ripped off my seat belt, my claws were out.

     As I was about to rip the door open and face whatever was out there I was doused in a thick liquid. The smell filled my senses as well as blocking anything else. Gasoline.

         "I don't know why your worth so much. Easy prey if you ask me."

    That's all I heard, before the match struck me and the flames consumed my existence.