Chapter 7

Tris P.O.V ~

We're in Tobias' room right now. He's packing clothes and items he wants to keep into a duffle bag.

"What's this?" I say indicating a blue sculpture on his desk.

"It's just something my mom gave me." He says.

"I remember your mom, she'd always take us out for ice cream when she picked us up from school. What happened to her?" I ask.

"She died. Marcus killed her." He says.

"I'm so sorry."

"Yeah, right in front of my two eyes."

"How old we're you?"

"It was a couple days after the start of grade three."

"Wow. Good this I killed him right?" I joke trying to lighten the mood. Doesn't help.

"I'm sorry." I say slowly walking to him.

"It's okay. Let's go." He says grabbing another bag. I grab the sculpture and leave with him.

We hop in my Audi.

"You got all your stuff." I ask. He nods and I start driving back to my place.

"Okay, so, I have training today at 5:00, do you want to join me?" I ask.

"Would I be allowed to?" He asks.

"Have you fought or trained before?"

"Yeah."

"Then you can join."

"Alright."

"Also, here." I say handing him the sculpture.

"Why did you take this?"

"Because it's from your mom. And if you don't want it anymore then I'll have it."

He sighs. "No, I'm gonna keep it." I fake pout. He chuckles.

"Another thing, I have gymnastics at 8:00-9:00. Do what you want just don't got downstairs. If anyone come up get Caleb. And yeah."

"Okay."

"Another thing." He cuts me off with a groan. "Shut up. I'm going cheerleading tryouts and lacrosse tryouts tomorrow morning and after school. You can come with me tomorrow morning or you can take my Denali or pick-up truck.

"I'm gonna come. Lauren texted me saying she wanted me to go." He says turning off his phone. (If any of you thought of something different in that first sentence... You dirty minders.... 😏)

"Your still dating her? When are you gonna break up with her?"

"I'm going to do it in front of everyone."

"Very smart." I smirk.

"And I have lacrosse tryouts also after school."

"I didn't know you played lacrosse."

"I started in grade 6 or 7. When did you start."

"Two years ago in grade 8." With that, it was silent for the rest of the drive.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
TIME LAPSE
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

We walk in to my house and Caleb was the first thing we see.

"Beatrice, who is this?" He asks.

"This is Tobias, he's staying the night." I say.

"And why is that?"