exulansis

Exulansis

(𝕟.) 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕦𝕡 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕣𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕒𝕟 𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕦𝕟𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕚𝕥.

ELEANOR POV

I am so stupid. I'm not ready to talk about it. Especially to complete strangers. I may feel very safe around them, but I am not ready to tell them about everything I've gone through.

"I-I can't. I'm not r-ready." I say with a pleading voice. Axel looks infuriated by this, and says "THE FUCK? TELL US WHO DID THAT TO YOU NOW"

"Shut up Axel you're scaring her. We can talk about it later, come on guys let's go to bed, we have shit to do tomorrow. We love you Elly."  Lukas says scarily calm, while my heart melts with overwhelming love. I don't think that anyone has ever said that to me.

As all the boys very reluctantly leave my room wearily and confused, I notice Elijah hasn't moved an inch. We lock eyes for a few seconds when he scratches the back of his neck and says "I just was wondering if you wanted me to stay with you tonight, because i umm..know i didn't like to be alone when I have nightmares." he nervously starts tapping his foot. My heart warms at his words, "i-i would like that" I say suddenly very shy.

He gave an awkward smile and layed in the bed. I couldnt stop my mind from racing. All I was thinking about is what Im going to do tomorrow. The first day im here and they already know that something is wrong with me. Maybe I could tell them i just have really bad nightmares. I doubt they would believe it, but it's my only option.

"What are you thinking about so hard?" Elijah asks snapping me out of my thoughts. "To be honest, im just trying to think about what Im going to say. I dont know if i can, its so hard to even think about sometimes." i said without thinking, i dont know why but it just feels so easy to talk to him. "Do you want to talk about it, it might make it easier tomorrow if someone who knows everything is there to support you" I think about what he says for a minute, and i decide he is probably right.

"Are you sure you want to know?" I ask and he gives a small nod and pulls me into his arms and starts to play with my hair. I start to cry, while I think of where to start. There was so much shit they did to me, but I doubt he would want to know the details.

"W-well, ever sinse I can remeber Lauren hated me. She always would bea-at me, tell me she hated me, and that it was m-my fault that dad didn't want her. When I was 8 she met-t my step-dad." i choke out with a sob. I take a deep breathe and listen to Elijahs deep voice give comforting words. "When he showed up, it got worse than you can imagine." He looks at me and asks "Is he the person who did..you know what to you?" I assume hes talking about my back so I just nod. He tucks his face in my neck, and my head falls onto the side of his head. I feel my breathing pick up at just the thought of my mother and henry. Even though they may be dead, they will always haunt me, and that I know for sure.

A couple minutes later I feel something wet in my neck and hear a small cry. I lean back to separate me and Elijah a little bit so I can see his face. When I look at him, his eyes a red and a little swollen. "I am so sorry we didnt find you before. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that for so long and all alone."

I look at my brother and wipe his tears. "its okay, I'm here now. They are both gone and I'm safe." i said still on the verge of sobbing, knowing that it was comforting for the both of us to have that realization. They are dead, and I am safe. "We will protect you and keep you safe I promise." Still holding eachother we fall asleep.