Chapter 25

Jae bowed to the receptionist of Big Hit Entertainment as she was about to exit the building. It was her last day working there, so she spent her time thanking the staff as she went through her job. Her colleague in the cleaning agency proposed for a farewell dinner at a nearby restaurant but Jae had to decline due to her other work.

Earlier that day, Jae and Yoo were summoned by the Human Resource Department to settle their matter. Yoo's outburst at the department was caught on the surveillance camera and he was cornered. He was given a strict warning and another case like that would cause termination. He even had to attend anger management therapy. Jae informed the company when she was filing the complaint that she would take legal action on Yoo unless he formally apologize to her and Aunt Ji. Yoo submitted a formal letter of apology and apologized, witnessed by the head of Accounting, Human Resource Department, and also a representative from the cleaning agency. Yoo looked reluctant and insincere - no surprise there. Jae suspected that his boss and colleague pressured him to do so.

The cleaning personnel knew the amount of paper that the Accounting Department went through daily. It must be suffocating to work in an office filled with trash. Not to mention that Jae kept flashing him an eerie smile when he bumped into her at the other department that Jae was working at. He steered his way clear from her. How the table have turned.

When Jae finally sat down, she realized that Yoongi had been calling her. There were 5 missed calls. Was there an emergency? Worried that something had happened, she called him back only to reach his voice message. She then left a message and cleaned up her locker. Jae checked her phone again as quitting time neared.

YO: We need to talk.

Jae was taken aback. That sounded serious. Didn't the line 'we need to talk' meant, what you need to talk about is serious, and that the other person may or may not like the conversation? Did something went wrong? He got a terminal disease or something? Did he get bored of her?

No that can't be it. Yoongi's not like that, she told herself. The possibilities were endless and Jae didn't like what went on in her head. She tried to calm herself down. Maybe it was nothing and she was overthinking about it. Her phone rang and she picked it up quickly.

"Are you leaving Big Hit now?" asked Yoongi. He was driving from the sound of it.

"I'm at the entrance. Why?"

"I'm about to reach there. I'll pick you up and drive you to work," he told her.

Jae blanched. "Are you crazy? People in Big Hit know your car," she whispered vehemently, going to a corner far enough from people's hearing.

"I'll park at the back alley few buildings away. I'll share you the location."

"Okay, see you then," said Jae but Yoongi already ended the connection. Jae looked at the phone quizzically.

What got him so abrupt like that? What was so serious that Yoongi had to risk seeing her in broad daylight?

Jae received the GPS location and went walking. She could see his car after a few minutes and she couldn't actually see his face through the windscreen to guess what was coming. She dreaded the impending doom that was waiting for her with each steps that she took. The short distance felt like she was walking through an overhanging bridge above a fiery pit that she could fall in anytime soon.

"Hi," said Jae as she went into the car.

"Hi," replied Yoongi tersely. No smile? She could see that he was unhappy. That can't be good.

"Is it safe here?" asked Jae looking outside.

"Yes, it is. The windscreen reflects light and people won't be able to see in," replied Yoongi with a bit of edge in his voice.