-6- Realization

Kageama's POV

Hinita runs out of the gym. All I can think about is the tears that ran down his face.

My chest hurts again. But now I think I know why.

It hurts for hinita. My closest friend.

Friend.

I don't like that word. Not for him. I don't want hinita to get hurt. He dosent deserve to be hurt. He is supposed to be my little sunshine.

Mine.

He is supposed to be mine. I want hinita. I want to keep him safe. I want to make him happy. I want to see him smile brighter than the sun.

As realization sets in and I figure out what has happened I don't waste another second.

I take off. Out the gym door not caring that I left the team. That I left practice. I need hinita safe. Safe in my arms.

I bolt as fast as I can. Even faster than when we have pointless races. Because this isn't my pride at stake. This is my pride and joy at stake.

I round a corner and I think I catch a wisp of bright orange. I push myself even faster after it.

I turn another corner chasing after him and then I se him. He is also full sprint down the sidewalk but I'm getting close. And closer. And closer.

I get ahead of him and stop right in front forcing him to stop in his tracks. He stops and puts his hands on his knees panting.

We're pretty far from the gym at this point and I'm starting to wonder how I actually managed to run that fast all this way. I copy his actions and put my hands on my knees breathing heavy.

I stay bent over but nod my head up to look at hinita. He is already looking at me and I can see that there are more tears threatening to fall.

Crack

That's right. Your just heard my little heart brake. How could it not at the sight of a red faced teary eyed spiker.

Hinita turns around and starts to run back the way he came. I don't know how much longer I can keep up this running thing but I'm not letting him go. Not this easy.

I start running after and I can tell he's tired as well. He is about to turn the corner but I refuse to lose him.

I reach my arm forward and grab his wrist stopping him. He tries to resist but no way in hell am I letting go after that. He spins around and looks me in the eyes.

"Please."I plead. I just need him to be ok.

"Please talk to me."I beg, desperation clear in my tone.

Than I noticed something. And that was just how close he was. His little face was an inch away and without realizing it I loosened my grip on the little red heads wrist.

I glanced down at his lips and then back up to his eyes.

A single tear rolls down his cheek and he rips his hand from my grasp, turns on his heel and speeds down the road.

I don't run after this time. I just watch as he runs. Farther and farther away from my until I can't see him anymore.

I let a single tear roll down my cheek as well.

What have I done

———————————————————————————

Ok I know it's short but bare with me. I hope you liked it and vote if you want. That would make my day. I started dancing around when I saw I got a couple votes on my other fanfic.

That's where I will end it. Bye my little duckies
🐤🐤🐤