Sirrani

Sirrani Survivor's Story: Ever since I can remember, my body has always been abused. Let me reiterate-always.

At the age of three, my uncle used to babysit me. My mom was at work until seven AM. One night, I woke up feeling something being prodded into my "Private Cookies". When I opened my eyes, my uncle had his fingers-plural-down "there". He told me to not say anything. I told my mother. He was arrested and remains in jail.

At the age of seven, I was playing in a field with my cousin. She said a man was watching us play. He started toward us and my cousin ran. I was too scared to move. He pinned me down, he hit me, he raped me. All I could remember was closing my eyes and reciting the Wiccan Rede over and over again. He said tell no one. I told my mother. He was killed in a drive-by before he could be arrested.

At thirteen, after a horrible breakup with my boyfriend, my uncle-heaven rest his soul-had set me up on a date with an Indian girl (he knew I was bisexual). "She's such a sweet girl. You'll love her Sirri"....lies. After about three months of dating, she began to show just how awful she could be. She hit me, bossed me around, and often pryed through my things, hoping to find an excuse to beat me. One day, She was helping me create my backyard circle. Everything was fine until she began to feel on me. I hit her and tried to run, but she yanked me back, pulled off my clothes, and took me, like every other male only she had a strap on penis. Of all the rape I endured, I think she scarred me most. Simply because she was my girlfriend. I saw it coming. I knew it was going to happen....but why did I stay? She said not to tell anyone.

This time, I didn't.

This time it was different. It wasn't a stranger or an uncle, it was someone I would've never expected. It was someone I didn't even think could rape me.

A female.