Chapter:07

Eran's POV                            
                             *text message from Rose*
My eyes widened and my heart felt as if,it was about to get through my rib cage. I gradually felt my hands turning all sweaty. This isnt the first time that I'm attempting to talk with a girl, so why do I have this strange feeling of anticipation and excitement. I drew in a huge breath and sighed, closing my eyes. It's fine, it's going to be alright. Even if she doesn't like me, its alright. 

Is it?

Rose: "You may call me Rose"

Oh my God! Someone look at her attitude! She should consider herself lucky that I even considered sending her a 'hi'. And this is exactly why, ladies and gentlemen, I don't do girlfriends. Before I could reply, my phone buzzed in once again and as fast my lips formed a smile, they faded away just as fast they appeared. It was a call from Mary. You can't be serious right now! She calls me after every two days, and I sometimes ponder about the ways she manages to get so many phone numbers because I block each one of them. I huffed and rolling my eyes, I went forward on replying to Rose.

Rose: "You can call me Rose"
Eran: "I actually thought you would find it funny"
Rose: "Oh,I didn't know you were such a lame wag"

Lame wag?! Me?! 

Eran: "oh, that was nowhere close to lame"
Rose: "then you don't know the meaning of 'lame', mister"

Yeah, enough

Eran: "okay then, it's pretty obvious that I'm wasting my time here. It was nice talking to you"
Rose: "same here"

There's no hint of curiosity or eagerness in her tone to talk to me. Instead of making me all mad, the question what actually happened in her life to turn her all bitter, pestered me. I did ask Jessica and she never said anything about Rose seeing any other person. She said Rose is rather really reserved, and keeps to herself. Also, she is known as a writer and I did read some of her poetries on social media. They are all so depressing and talks about some sin she regrets doing. Her poetries mirrored her screams for love, and demanding some warmth from her life. So when I'm trying here, talking to her, why is she denying my attempts?

Rose's POV
I shut him down as fast as I could. I cannot get involved with someone, while carrying such a heave burden of my horrendous past. Yes, I'm truly attracted to him, but I really cannot involve him in this messed up life of mine. It wont be fair. It's my sin, my past and my regretion. No matter how much donations I make, how much charities I involve myself into, nothing can change the grotesque crime I committed.

Veronica came out of the shower as she toweled her hair and started applying lotions to her silky skin. "any updates?" she asked, while pressing the pink towel to her hair. I sighed and pursed my lips, "I turned him down" "you did what? Why?" she asked with disbelief floating in her shiny hazel eyes. It is such a surprise to her because I havent even thought of anyone since the incident and the fact that I was showing some kind of interest towards Eran certainly felt like an angel singing moment to her.

"What do you expect Ver? I cll him and I start being all mushy with him after whatever happened in my past?" I snapped as she rolled her eyes and smacked her forehead. I felt her controlling her rage as she put the towel down and walked towards me. She sat in front of me on her knees and looked up at me, cupping my cheeks lightly with her soft warm hands. "You know, you cannot stay caged in your past, all your life right? You have to forgive yourself, and you have to move on. You are still so young, so full of life and I really think you should focus on creating the life for yourself you always wanted to" sad Veronica as my chin wobbled.