Chapter 4: Annabeth

After the wedding, everyone met at the mess pavilion for a reception. Rachel raced up in her Clarion Ladies' Academy dress and hugged Annabeth. "I'm so happy for you two! Annabeth, you look absolutely positively gorgeous." Annabeth beamed.

"Thanks, Rach!"Annabeth said. She smoothed her skirt when Rachel grabbed her shoulders. Her eyes glowed green and her voice turned thin and raspy. Annabeth did not try to struggle away; she stared at Rachel in horror. Percy tried to seperate them, but Rachel would not move. Screams came from surrounding guests.

"Two demigods know each other all too well. Within the bonds of marriage tension shall swell. Monsters in all forms will not cease to shred the fabric of Camp Half Blood and leave someone dead." Rachel closed her eyes, relinquished her grip and slumped unconscious to the floor. Annabeth fell and grabbed Percy's shoulders to break her fall. Grover and some healers from the Hermes cabin dropped to her side in their suits; Annabeth did too. She was weary, but not weary enough to leave Rachel just lying there. Percy knelt beside her and listened for breath.

"She's breathing," Percy announced. The healers slid Rachel onto a stretcher and transported her to the infirmary. Percy helped Annabeth up, and hugged her tight.

"Percy, that prophecy was about us." Annabeth said.

Later, Percy and Annabeth changed into their clothes and visited Rachel at the infirmary. Rachel's eyes flickered open and she looked around. "What happened? Annabeth? Percy? Oh, crap. Did I give a prophecy? Oh, gosh. Did I ruin your guys' special day? I feel horrible.." Percy put his hand on hers.

"You didn't ruin our day," Percy reassured. Annabeth coughed purposefully and Percy lifted his hand to his knee. Rachel ran her hand through her red hair.

"So what exactly did I say?" Rachel asked. Annabeth and Percy exchanged concerned glances. After a moment, Annabeth cleared her throat.

"Two demigods know each other all too well, within the bonds of marriage tension shall swell, monsters in all forms will not cease to shred, the fabric of Camp Half Blood and leave someone dead." Rachel breathed and closed her eyes.

"You guys, I can't even tell you how sorry-"

"It's okay Rachel." Percy said. "It isn't your fault. It was the spirit of Delphi. You had no control." Rachel pursed her lips, and took Annabeth's hands.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that on your wedding day," Rachel said. Annabeth hugged her and shed a few tears.

"So," Rachel said, wiping her cheeks. "What do you think it means?"